“It was the best of food, it was the worst of food.”
Review of On the Border

On the Border
Ranked #42 of 225 Restaurants in Rogers
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Every time I go to On the Border my experience has varied wildly with regard to both food and service. Some dishes are among the best Mexican I've had, and others weren't great. The deep-fried avocado thing was terrible, but the other Baja combo plates were delish. I will try it again, but I'm still not sure. My major complaint is that they only carry spicy salsa, and it is majorly spicy. Why on Earth would a Mexican restaurant not offer a mild, or even medium salsa?! That makes no sense to me. The other bummer is that Happy Hour is only available in the bar area, and 2 out of 3 visits it was full. That makes no sense either.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

I was kinda worried about going here from the mixed reviews it was my birthday so we went. I have to say it looked clean with nice decorations. The waitress Michelle was great. The pulled pork was good in the taquitos,the chicken quesdillas were good with avocado oh their guacamole was so good we had seconds the price kept us from getting thirds. My son loved the chicken strips.My husband had the tacos which tasted like they really packed on the salt way way to salty. My other son had a corn dog he said it was okay he liked the fries better. I had a chile reno I liked the chile and jack cheese but the breading was gross so I seperated it. The refried beans were left on my plate they were not worth ever getting again but the rice was okay. The brownie desert was good it came warm and had good ice cream on top. We will be going back cause it was nice and everyone came back happy.

Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

Stopped for a quick lunch. The fajitas were great but the service was a little slow. It really wasn't that busy and I saw other people being waited on and getting refills promptly so I think it was just my waitress. Give it a try for the great food but be prepared for a
possible wait.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

We passed through Rogers on our way to Eureka Springs and stopped for lunch. We had such a great meal we decided to plan our trip home with another stop here! Service both times was excellent. Our waitresses were very attentive and kept us taken care of for drinks and chips. One waitress even brought us to go cups without us asking! The food is spicy but we like that. I LOVE the green chile chicken enchiladas. The dining room is comfortable even with it being over 100 degrees outside. We love this place and will plan our trips to visit again!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Have a good menu. But, nothing that really stands out as far as stupendous.