“Thought it was tasty”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

We drove from Branson to see things in Rogers and decided to eat here. We both had the beans, slaw, and cornbread which we thought was great! There was ham in the beans and we added more fire to them. There were about 6 bottles of different hot sauces available.
All around the restaurant was a mini museum, which we looked at while waiting for our food.
We were full, so didn't take advantage of the cobblers which looked wonderful!

Reviewed December 16, 2013

Oops I included my review of Bean Place with my review of the mill. It's a hike up to the third floor, in a cool old building. The restaurant is very simple and what you would expect for a very out of the way location and the logistics of being on the third floor. The food is basic and good, the cobbler is great and the staff is very friendly.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

I have had breakfast and lunch at the Bean Palace for many years. Last week, we went for breakfast and for the first time was very disappointed. We each (2 of us) had a biscuit with gravy, 2 pieces of bacon and a small coffee and it was $20, very high for this area. And it wasn't really that good. The biscuits were like rocks.

The increased prices on the food along with other changes in the mill seem to indicate it is more about profit than keeping the historical significance of the place. Very disappointing. The next time I am in northwest Arkansas, I will definitely NOT go here for breakfast. There are too many other good places to dine.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

This is a small restaurant inside the War Eagle Mill. We ordered ice cream and cobbler after a long hike at Hobbs State Park. It was the perfect reward after a physical day.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Breakfast of pancakes, eggs, biscuits with sausage gravy or apple butter was great. The buckwheat pancakes were better tha I have ever had.