“Not so good - doesn't live up to the high ratings.”
Review of G@d's Barbeque

G@d's Barbeque
Ranked #60 of 219 Restaurants in Rogers
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Arkansas
“Not so good - doesn't live up to the high ratings.”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I love BBQ and frequent a number of local places. After seeing the good reviews for G & D I thought it was time to give them a try. What a disappointment.

The pulled pork sandwiches were large and there was plenty of pulled pork on them. However, the pork had no flavor. There was zero hint of any smoke. Even the little bit of charred pork in the sandwich had no seasoning. Their intent appears to provide flavor via their sauce. The sauce is nothing special as they buy it by the gallon at the local Sam's Club and just pump it out into little cups.

The small sides seemed very expensive for the quantity you are given. The potato salad appears to be commercially prepared mustard style, probably coming from Sam's Club as well since they display a business award from Sam's. The beans had been enhanced a little with a slight hint of something like bell pepper, but again absent any real smoky flavor. They would do well to concentrate on their beans and turn them into a signature item like Jack Stack BBQ in KC does.

When you are used to eating at McClard's & Stubby's in Hot Springs and great BBQ in KC and Memphis, this place doesn't come close. Even compared to some of the better local BBQ places like Whole Hog, Smokin Joes, and Dink's, this is hardly worth the stop. Too bad as they actually have some different items on their menu that other places don't carry.

They have a great location and while the building is a little run down, it is very clean inside. If they could just step up the quality of the food a little it could easily become a place worth visiting.

• Visited July 2013

Rogers, Arkansas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“DON'T MISS BARBEQUE”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Don't judge this book by the cover. Building is small & at the corner of a busy intersection but if you pass by you have missed great bbq.
We have tried the ribs & pulled pork & they are excellent. The meat on the ribs fall off the bone.
Also try the sweet & sour pickles & jalapenos that are available. So good - we bought some to take home.

• Visited April 2013
Rogers, Arkansas
“So-So Experience”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Had a work lunch here and ordered the sampler platter. Was not expecting an extensive array of sides but was disappointed when there was no real sweet tea (we are in Arkansas, of course). Both my co-worker and I ordered the sampler platters, mine with mac & cheese and hers with potato salad. My coworker enjoyed her meal and I thought mine was average. It would have just been the culture difference (she's from OK and me from AL and I've also lived in the Carolinas). The BBQ sauce was ok, a little too sweet for my taste. I enjoy my bbq to have a crust and while this meat was tender, it had either been cooked or held in a steam environment so I didn't get that crust that I'm accustomed to. The place does have character though and for the people in the area that are accustomed to this type of BBQ, I'm sure it is at the top of their list.

As a side note, the guys working in there were super nice!

• Visited March 2013
“Best BBQ in NW Arkansas.....”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I was a bit skeptical when my parents took me to this little BBQ place in the middle of an intersection in the middle of nowhere. Boy was I in for a surprise.... I usually like to opt for chicken or turkey when I go for BBQ, but without the option, my parent assured me that the pulled pork was excellent. They were right. There was absolutely no fat in my pulled pork and the mild sauce was sweet with a bit a an after kick. The sides are generic, but they give you a good portion and the meat is served on toasted potato rolls. Also for those that are not that hungry, they have a Jr. size sandwich. Also during our visit, the smoke master came to our table and chatted with us for a bit (my parents are sort of regulars) and it was nice to see how friendly and courteous the staff is. Really a must go if you are in the Rogers, AR area....

• Visited February 2013
Charleston, South Carolina
“Excellent BBQ”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

The best pulled pork in the mid-west. The building is small but it is pink at a stop light so you should not have any trouble finding it.

• Visited January 2013