“Memories from my childhood”

Daisy Airgun Museum
Ranked #4 of 25 things to do in Rogers
Kansas
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Memories from my childhood”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

What a fun little museum. I'm in my 70's and can't remember when brother and I wern't shooting
bb guns. Recognized several of the old guns and still would like to have a pump gun. We all thought they shot better. Still don't know if they really did. Really nice little gift shop and super friendly staff. Learned alot about the history of the bb gun. Would recommend this stop to any age to spend an hour or so.

Visited September 2013

Saint Louis, Missouri
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The Old West Was More Than The Colt and The Winchester”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

My sister and I originally came from St. Louis and Poplar Bluff (MO) to visit Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art in Bentonville, Arkansas. A man working at our motel happened to ask, "Have you seen the Daisy Museum in Rogers?" Since my brother owned a BB gun as a child and still loves the movie, Christmas Story, about Ralphie who wants a Red Ryder even though everyone tells him "you'll shoot your eye out, kid", I told my sister, "We've got to go!" That proved to be a very good decision. While the museum is small, it is chock-full of everything you are likely to ever want to know about airguns. A highlight of the visit was meeting Orin Ribar. He saw me gazing through the glass case at some airguns from the 1800s and stopped to give me a lesson in history. Orin said that Napoleon was so rattled by the airgun that he ordered immediate execution for any Austrian soldier captured with one. Unlike other firearms of the day that were easily spotted by the noise and smoke they emitted when discharged, the airgun was stealthily quiet. Plus these guns were very lethal--they were not shooting BBs! Orin pointed out a rare airgun in the case that was doubled barreled and took .44 and .50 caliber bullets. Later Peggy, at the back desk, told me Orin was the one who designed Ralphie's Red Ryder stock with the compass and sundial inset. The Red Ryder originally did not have a compass and sundial, but Shepherd, the author of the original story, insisted he owned one as a child and so three were made to order just for the movie. Of course, when kids saw the movie, they wanted a Red Ryder just like Ralphie's. Demand produced supply and for a short time there was this new Red Ryder model. Even though I have never been a gun owner, I found Orin and the museum definitely peaked my interest in this piece of history. On the way out of the Daisy Museum, plunge your hand into the barrel of BBs. You'll either feel like a kid again or get a terrific metallic massage!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank DrDoris
Eureka Springs, Arkansas
“Family Fun”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

small but fun. love the gift store in the back. purchased my child's first daisy red ryder bb gun. loved it so much i went back and bought one for myself.

Visited February 2013
Rogers, Arkansas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“The Good Old Days”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

My wife and I have lived in Rogers, Ar. for 25 years and we have been going by Daisy every so often and when we do, we always say we should stop there and see the place. Well we are retired, so we finally went. It was very exciting and I bought a BB gun with the HOGS engraved in the stock. I liked it so much that I went back a week later and bought another BB gun with another engraving on it. Cheap guns !!

Visited March 2013
Little Rock, Arkansas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“BB guns”
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

It was fun to learn the history of the BB guns that I loved as a kid. The guns have been arround a lot longer than I ever knew. I almost bout a new gun in the giftshop.

Visited July 2013