“Ordinary burger and pricey. Slow service during lunch.”
Review of Texas Land And Cattle Company - CLOSED

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I was here with my Red Hat group for lunch (8 of us) and we had reservations. Usually the restaurants will go ahead and put out menus and water but this one just had a table set and took time to take drink orders - although at least half of us ordered water to drink.
I ordered the Mushroom Swiss burger and on the waiters recommendation the steak fries. The burger had an odd taste with no mushrooms - after i got home I checked the online menu to see if the mushrooms were mixed in with the beef. (not) The fries were cold. Not all our meals came at the same time. I do realize there were 8 of us but we only had one waiter and no help although they did not seem busy with many empty tables.
The rest of the group that did not order a hamburger liked their meals. One had steak soup but thought the price for a bowl was a lot ($6.99). One had the wedge salad and strips of steak (4). for $11.99. My burger was $9.99 and the tea was $2.39. We had to ask for drink refills.
I just felt the service was sloppy, slow and the food ordinary. Not a place we'll go back to.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

We have been to this restaurant before as well as in Dallas, TX. As usual they did not disappoint. Steak and lobster was perfect as well as the appetizers of shrimp / avacado cocktail, and sampler. A little behind this time on delivering bread, but more than made up for it. Once again and great experience. Remember, kids eat free before 4PM on Saturdays.

1  Thank beachbumjk
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Came for late lunch twice. Food was good ~ not awesome ~ tho we wished for more entree salad choices. Portions fair, atmosphere nicer than many steakhouses. Service, tho: both times we must have hit the C-team... slow, never took our used dishes away, never checked our drinks; that really diminished our experience.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

We ate here a couple of times when this restaurant first opened and it was good each time. This week I had lunch with some girl friends of mine there and the french onion soup is just to die for! My husband wanted to go for lunch there so he and I went the next day. We both had the salad wedge w/ their blue cheese dressing which is also to die for and it came with sliced steak cooked to your liking and THAT is to die for as well!....seasoned very nicely and soooo tender! We will definately be going back the this restaurant more often! For you travelers passing thru, if you want a good steak or ANYTHING for that matter, this restaurant is located on Promenade Blvd right off of I-540.

Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

First time to try this place. You can pay 20 dollars more for filet mignon, but will not find any better than what I just got. Lots of choices on menu. Will be back.