“Great facility but service is third rate.”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Northwest Arkansas
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Rogers
Reviewed November 19, 2007

Stayed at this magnificent property for our wedding anniversary. They have just completed renovations and added additional rooms and a new convention center and this place really stays busy all the time now.

That said, we couldn't have had a more miserable time. While the facility itself is first-class the staff (with the exception of the breakfast crew) certainly are not.

Even though they knew this was a special occasion for us we were treated quite poorly. My wife had a 2-hour spa session cancelled on her and they didn't even bother to contact us in the hotel or on my cell phone (as I requested) to let her know so that I might have made other arrangements! What they did do, however, is send us a plate of refreshments in apology, even though I had specifically told them not to, after we had already gone to bed, no less.

Their so-called Manager's reception is a joke- don't bother unless you don't mind paying for your drinks. There's no food involved, we're told. I don't understand this at all as even budget hotels often have these receptions with much nicer amenities offered.

We complained to three different staff members about all that occured, and I don't mention it all here by a long shot, and all we got was disaffection.

We've even written a letter to their corporate management and still have yet to receive any kind of reply whatsoever. Apparently they're just as disaffected as their hotel staff.

The one redeeming value to our whole experience was the made-to-order breakfast. The staff there was outstanding and the food was certainly good, too.

All-in-all, not a pleasant experience and definitely not worth what we paid for it. I was hoping to provide a better experience for my wife for her anniversary and I fully expected the Embassy Suites, of all places, to help me provide it. Too bad I was wrong. Don't make the same mistake I did.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank bdb1985
There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Northwest Arkansas

Reviewed November 12, 2007

Our stay was for one night w/2 rooms. 1 King NSMK & 1 King SMK; smoking rooms are on the2nd floor. Rooms were VERY clean with very little wear showing. Bathrooms a bit small. Typical Embassy Suite room set up with living room with sleeper sofa and solid door to separate the bedroom area. Window did open slightly. Also, micro, sink, refridgerator area. The first staff member we encountered over the phone two days in a row before arrival was NOT friendly and maybe was sick... was just going thru the motions, no "Thank you for calling" or "Please hold" just clicked you on thru. Everyone else we encountered was FABULOUS! Housekeeping was super fast/pleasant in bringing up extra towels, hostess and bartender for the manager's reception were OUTSTANDING! Morning cooks/busser very friendly/fast. This Embassy Hotel should be very proud of 99% of the staff!
Room was quite and we had a peaceful nights sleep even though hotel was full.
The only problem/disappointment was that the pool/hot tub was closed. When we had called and even asked about the pool hours, it was not mentioned that it was currerently CLOSED?? The manager on duty (very kind as well) did offer to get us a room at another hotel... but it wasn't worth the hassle of moving. You might want to not only confirm pool hours, but that it has water in it! :) A lot of disappointed b-day party kids here for sure!
Something we've noticed in our travels is that it seems to be popular now a days to have kid pool parties at Embassy Hotels. The hotels might want to have an adult swim only the last hour before closing the pool. We have been to Marriot properties that do this and it's really NICE for the adult travelers to at least get the pool for an hour without the b-day party kids gone wild! Also, maybe a separate area for the adult cocktails as kids were going crazy over the free snacks, popcorn, sodas etc... The hostess did a great job keeping it filled up and clean but it kind of ruined the cocktail hour atmosphere and had we not been paying attention and jumped up into the bar line, we would have been stuck waiting behind 20 little girls getting cherry cokes. This is a beautiful property with a new wing that is a Spa addition and we would highly recommend. We just hope they can find a way to keep the b-day kiddos and the Spa goers both happy & relaxed!

• Stayed: November 2007
2  Thank PNKS
Reviewed May 1, 2007

Very nice hotel. Everything you expect from an Embassy Suites...manager's reception....cooked to order breakfast...all very nice. Amazingly easy check in. Perfect room. Above average in every regard.

One odd thing about the day I checked in...they had some sort of conference going on in the hotel, and many of the exhibitors / vendors were set up with booths right in the lobby VERY near the front entrance. Surprisingly crowded and "in your face". Was really odd.

If you want internet access in your room...get ready to fork over ten bucks. I travel alot and I thought that free high speed access was universal today. Not so at this Embassy Suites. $10 per day and not wireless. They have free wireless in the lobby.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business
4  Thank arkansastravel01
Reviewed August 12, 2006

It was wonderful to see a NEW beautiful hotel have such a friendly and helpful staff...I was there to present a full day seminar to Coldwell Banker Faucette Real Estate and the staff was great at seeing that everything was perfect from the lighting to the sound...Our Suite was spacious and clean (Room 921) - Continental breakfast was great (cook to order eggs, etc) it really had a wonderful variety - my husband enjoyed the free after hour cocktails and foods as well...I would highly encourage anyone to stay here...It is close to the airport (20 minutes) - walking distance to other great food and the staff was wonderful to carry us anywhere we needed to go - (forget needing a rental car) the Embassy was FULL SERVICE! They also picked us up and carried us to the airport - No cost for internet a plus as well...Just book it. you wil not regret it!

Elizabeth Ward Small
---
National Motivational Speaker
Live Live: Busy Balanced and Blessed

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled on business
4  Thank The3BMethod
Reviewed July 5, 2006

Stayed there Christmas Eve of 2004 and did not sleep at all. Got room on highway side. (The building seems like it's only a few yards from the actual highway). Management told me to request opposite side next time. I did when staying there Christmas Eve 2005 and it was better than perfect. Wish we had arrived earlier so I could have logged more hours in that bed. Slept like a log. Had requested cot, and NS and quiet room. Everything was waiting for us. Got a corner room, so we had more room in living room. None of us felt crowded -- 2 very tall teenagers in living room and 2 adults in bedroom. Check-in was very professional, yet also very personal. Shuttle to and from airport was free, easy, and quick. And of course, lobby area and breakfast were Embassy quality.

• Stayed: December 2005
3  Thank operannie
Reviewed April 21, 2006

In town for a conference. Stayed 2 nights. Very nice place. I agree with the previous reviewer's comments regarding the firmness of the bed and pillows ... but since I actually like a firmer mattress and pillows, I found those to be a plus ... personal preference I guess ...

Check-in staff was very helpful. Room was spacious and very clean. All the normal amenities of a nicer hotel. The architecture and layout (rectangular ... empty in the middle) of the hotel is very nice. The only (minor) drawback is that the elevators are only on 1 out of 4 sides ... it would be nice to have a second set of elevators on an opposite side for those with rooms not near the elevator bank (it's not a bad walk, but I'm lazy ...)

Overall ... if you're in town, this is a very good choice.

Stayed: April 2006
6  Thank Detroit
Reviewed December 12, 2005

We stayed at the Embassy Suites while in town for a local charity ball, which was held at the Embassy Suites. The hotel itself is beautiful. Very spacious. I love the atrium and how it goes all the way to the roof. What a great idea.

The suite we stayed in was nice. It was a pleasant change to have a refrigerator and microwave in the room, although we didn't use either one.

The bath tub was small and you had to be a giant to adjust the shower head. Our tub didn't drain well and when taking a shower, we had to stand in a few inches of water. And be careful, there are no non-slip strips on the bottom of the tub. One more thing about the bathroom, there were only 3 bath towels. However, there were oodles of wash cloths and hand towels. I think there were at least 5 of each of them.

The beds were as hard as a rock and the pillows were at least 12 inches thick and didn't squish at all. This would have resulted in having your head resting on the pillow at about a 60-degree angle. I ended up not using a pillow at all and was in pain then entire next day. There were 3 other people in our group. All had the same complaints about the beds and pillows. One guy even resorted to using a towel as a pillow.

The complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast was wonderful. The chef made omlets, eggs your way, and waffles. The buffet portion was loaded with fresh fruit, bagels, doughnuts, sausage, french toast, oatmeal, cereal, etc. We didn't go away hungry. One thing that would have been nice was tea bags for some hot tea.

This hotel is nice, we just wish we would have known to bring our pillows.

• Stayed: December 2005, traveled on business
5  Thank mrsviv
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rogers
Hampton Inn Bentonville Rogers
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bentonville South
Homewood Suites Bentonville - Rogers
Hyatt Place Rogers/Bentonville
Doubletree Suites Bentonville
Doubletree Suites Bentonville
#2 of 21 in Bentonville
Aloft Rogers-Bentonville

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Northwest Arkansas? Share your experiences!