“Fabulous "Latin" food! NOT Mexican!”
Review of Rolando's Nuevo Latino - CLOSED

Rolando's Nuevo Latino
Cuisines: Latin
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Monday, 11/11/13, we used a BOGO 1/2 off coupon from the newspaper to eat Lunch at Rolando's.
Without the coupon we never would have known about this place. And it's a little hard to find.

It's located in "Historic Rogers", but it's somewhat off "the beaten path"...and it's in the basement of a
historic brick building that houses a law firm. But it is well worth finding.

The food here is absolutely fantastic!

The menu seems to offer typical Mexican fare, but it is NOT Mexican, and there was nothing "typical" about the food we ate here. The food is described as "Latin American" by the owner, who is a native of Ecuador.

I ordered the Entrada Shrimp Quesadillas. They were loaded with shrimp and shared the plate with a few Pickled Cucumbers and some scrumptious Onion Relish. Everything had unique and exceptional flavor! If you like shrimp, be sure to try the Shrimp Quesadillas here. Mine came without the Black Beans & Rice @ $7.95. You can get them with the Black Beans & Rice @ $9.95.

My husband ordered the Don Quixote Burrito with Pork @ $7.95. It was large and the flavor was also unique and exceptional. We liked it BETTER than a Mexican Burrito!

Our waitress was very sweet and attentive. She took our order promptly, but the food does not arrive quickly. It is obviously prepared "from scratch" when your order arrives at the kitchen. Be patient. It's worth the wait.

We arrived around Noon and we were the only Lunch customers for quite awhile. Two more people arrived after we ordered. If Rolando's had a better location or advertised more, this place would be packed for Lunch. We intend to enjoy the superb food without the crowds, for as long as we can.

If you're looking for a unique flavor experience, we would highly recommend Rolando's.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

My husband is from Venezuela so we tried Orlando's when we moved here a year ago and have been back many times. Great food, homemade, and owners are very nice and want you to be happy.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

The food here is NOT Mexican, so some may be disappointed that it isn't what they are expecting. The food is wonderful, pops with flavor, and has fantastic off-the-beaten-path ingredients. The chicken in the burrito is not shredded but pounded thin and pan seared for ultimate flavor. I swapped cheddar for goat cheese for a flavor that was incredible! Do not be deterred by other reviews by people with bland pallets.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Got there at six, no waiting. Bad sign possibly? Ordered drinks. Took fifteen minutes for four drinks with about three tables busy. Drinks tasted different than others. Chips and something came to table. I usually pig out on chips. Not this time, greasy and salsa had problems. No one could stand to eat it. We had a half off food coupon and elected to pay full price at another place in town. Service was non existent.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

We went for lunch with a group. Even called ahead to let them know how many were coming. Arrived at 11:30 am. Tables were ready in a back alcove very nice. Drinks came in a timely manner. Orders taken - Waitress (only one for 17 people) never smiled or seemed to care that we were there. After 45 minutes with no food to any one someone asked if there was a problem maybe 10 min. later the food started coming out 2 at a time. I was the last one served. It did not come as I had asked. She took it back and I waited again. Others were finished and I had not even taken a bite. I was charged different than the menu and when I spoke to my husband the waitress slapped down the menu. We paid but will never go there again. They added in a 18% tip and did not point this out and some of the others put a tip on the table. By the way my food was cold when it finally came!