“Different and Upscale”

Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Rogers
NW Arkansas
“Different and Upscale”
Reviewed September 28, 2008

NW Arkansas has been long overdue for an upscale and hip hotel that caters not only to travelers but also locals.

The rooms are efficient and stylish reminding me of European hotels that I have stayed in; but I also see it as a growing phenomenon for locals who want to meet after work.

This region is desperate for more destination locations to drive weekend hospitality business as it is still largely known for business travelers and family outings. Young mobile professionals will love this bar scene and they are the demographic sorely needed to push this local economy into new revenue sectors.

As a local business person it is refreshing to see some innovative products reach this marketplace and we hope the success of the Aloft inspires other entrepreneurial ventures as well.

• Liked — Very modern and interesting
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Arkansas
Reviewed September 26, 2008

Ours was a quick weekend visit, but the staff was freindly & helpful, the decor in the lobby & the room was unique & attractive. We were pleased to see all amenities and thoroughly enjoyed our visit.

• Liked — Unique decor
  • Disliked — Nothing
1 Thank ejt4cfp
New York
Reviewed September 24, 2008

As some of you already know, I am obsessed with the new aloft hotels. I stayed at the aloft Rancho and the aloft Montreal for a wedding my boyfriend and I had last month. I must say, that every time I stay at an aloft hotel, the overall experience gets better and better.

The hotel staff is sooooo NICE! I have never met such a happier crew of people at any hotel-and my boyfriend would agree with me. I had to travel on business last week and my destination was Rogers, Arkansas. So I logged onto alofthotels.com to see if they had a property in Rogers..and they did. I find that making my reservations online is not only faster but easier. It's so easy to navigate through their website....I love it.

So......I checked in Tuesday afternoon on 9/16 and I can't emphasize it enough how cool the lobby is...not only is the lobby cool. but the w xyz bar was hoppin that night. From locals to business travelers to people who are just plain visiting, the hotel really keeps its word when it says that aloft hotels is the new twist in travel.

I've had incredible to miserable stays at various hotels and could never find true consistency. Yeah it could all very well be that the hotels are brand new, but i beg all of you that keep up with my travels to please book your next stay at an aloft hotel.

You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 23, 2008

A cool, hip hotel is well overdue in Northwest Arkansas. As a loyal Starwood hotel member, I was excited to see a Starwood property in Northwest arkansas. This hotel is easy to navigate - its size is perfect. The front desk staff was not only friendly but very efficient. Our room was very comfortable - the bed was extremely comfortable and there was a large plasma TV. The bathroom was also nice. The water pressure was strong and the products were great!!! I have absolutely no complaints about this hotel and I look forward to staying at other Aloft hotels in other cities.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
fort smith, ar
Reviewed September 9, 2008

When you walk in the front door, you forget that you're in arkansas. Great bar and public areas. The rooms are perfectly minimalist, very modern. Platform beds are a nice touch. Love the glass shower and the bliss bath products are very classy.

• Liked — Overall design and attention to detail
  • Disliked — wish the bar stayed open past midnight
Durango, Colorado
Reviewed July 31, 2008

Stayed at this place on a whim while passing through the area... my wife had seen a segment about the Aloft brand on CNBC and said it looked interesting, so we tried it.

When you enter the hotel it is more like walking into a chic bar than a hotel. Music thumping throughout the public areas including the elevators, unique interior design and decorating throughout, and not your typical room layout... unlike any hotel I have ever seen.

There is too much happening here to provide a thorough description... it's just "different" (take a look at their website). Suffice to say, if you are young and single you will probably enjoy this place. There is a bar, snack area, pool, gym, free high-speed.

We had two small children with us... and I would not stay here again with them. The minimalist room reverberated with their loud voices and the place was so new and nice I was constantly worried they would damage something. The hip evening crowd sipping martinis adjacent to the pool didn't seem too fond of the kids. Though the staff was pleasant and accommodating (they promptly provided a crib at no charge), the hotel just did not seem "kid friendly"

I think it would be in the interest of this chain to allow no one under 21 to stay here (if that is legal)... it would be better for everyone. It would be great to know there is a hotel where there is no chance you will hear a crying baby or a screaming kid.

I believe this is a non-smoking hotel... but this apparently only applies to the indoors. People were smoking in the pool area and in the patio between the bar and pool. Also all the exits were littered with cigarette butts. This is my only real complaint.

A very cool place to stay if you are willing to spend the money and don't have kids with you. For kids, I recommend the nearby Embassy Suites Northwest Arkansas

• Liked — Not your typical hotel... innovative and interesting.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family