“OK but there are better options”

Aloft Rogers-Bentonville
Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Rogers
Saint Louis, Missouri
“OK but there are better options”
Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

The place, though rather tastefully decorated, looks rather worn. The furniture is plastic laminate and it shows. The television in the first room we were assigned did not work. The rooms are quite small. The hotel staff seemed to treat us with mild indifference. Overall, it was not the best experience given the price we paid (~$90+tax). For that price the Embassy Suites or the Double Tree are better choices.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pmorty

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We walked in without a reservation and were given a king size room on one of the higher floors. I asked for a quiet room (since it was Friday night and they were playing loud music in the lobby). They put us on the back side of the hotel, which was very quiet.

Room Tip: We asked for a room away from the lobby. They gave us #630, which was on the short part of the &qu...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Glencoe, Illinois
Reviewed October 19, 2013

While the hotel is new, it looks horrible already. The lobby is very dark. The rooms are stylish but not very functional.

The boarding pass computer is riddled with viruses and no one seems to care. There is no room service or resturant and the hotel is build around a bar rather than a service culture.

This might work for a vacation hotel, but not many people vacation in Bentonville.

And they muffed my wake up call.

I think it only gets customers because it is the only Starwood hotel in the area and points junkies put up with it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Hal S
Amy_Poe, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Rogers-Bentonville, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Hal S,
I am so sorry to hear about the negative experience you had during your recent stay at our hotel. I completely understand how frustrating it can be to arrive at a hotel and not have your expectations met. Aloft Hotels are select service hotels trying to reach an audience looking for a stylish, unique, and efficient experience. With this experience, we don’t have a restaurant and room service, but we do have an area to get a wide variety of food options any time of the day called re:fuel. We understand that this model isn’t for everyone and we are sorry that it didn’t meet your expectations. We do appreciate you taking the time to write this review and letting us know your opinion, as we are always looking to improve upon guest experience in the future. I have passed this review along to the management team so that they are aware and can look for areas of opportunity in their training of the staff. Again, I am so sorry you didn’t enjoy your stay, but I hope you enjoyed the rest of your time in Rogers/Bentonville.
Sedona, AZ
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Very trendy - contemporary hotel. Great bed. Clean. Noisy, I'm at the front of the hotel - the freeway noise is crazy. I have earplugs so I'm not moving, but be aware, if noise is an issue for you get a room on the back side.
Here's my favorite thing, you hang a sign on your door if you do not want the bed and towels changed. YAY!!! For a three night stay I personally do not want anyone in my room. There are plenty of towels for me, and I sleep in sheets at home for a week....so happy to see more hotels offering this. Save the water, soap and maids backs. And they give you a $5 credit to use toward any food items in the hotel. So that almost paid for my breakfast...Kashi cereal, fruit cups, yogurt available.
A couple of negatives that aren't huge - no towel bar or hook by the sink. Above counter bowl sink which I end up splashing all over. Desk outlets are not convenient.
No drawers for clothes....shelves. And the hanging space doesn't quite work for longer items.

Room Tip: Back side should be quieter.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are very small but quite efficient. For simply spending the night, they were fine. If I had to stay any length of time I would want a bit more space and comfort. There was a lot if highway noise, but we had turned off the a/c. If you left it running it would muffle some of the noise. They originally had us in the second floor but after reading previous posts, I asked for a higher floor and they moved us to the 4h floor. About 30 minutes later someone walked into our room. They had been given the same room. They saw our luggage (not us) and quickly left and apologized. The front desk then called to check our names etc. But otherwise a nice stay. Bed was comfortable although it sits in a platform, no boxsprings. The king size bed seemed bigger than the typical "hotel king" bed.

• Stayed October 2013
Amy_Poe, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Rogers-Bentonville, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear blackburn2010,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our hotel to your liking. I do want to apologize for the mix up that happened with your room and thank you for bringing that to our attention so that we can address this for future guest stays. We hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are in Rogers.
Conway, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I really liked the rooms, typically I spend the night up the road, and last week (Sept 28th) I was put into this hotel with a group. They really expediated room check in and up we went. I will say they probably need another set of elevators, but it was only a problem when 50 of us want to move upstairs at one time. The room is a classic example of doing more with the space given. I loved the way it looked, my friend thought that it was smaller than what we are used too. She was worried about closet space etc, but she was suprised to find that it actually worked out better and was more convienent with the layout to get dressed and ready. Also, we both LOVED the body wash and shampoo. I need to find some for us at hom. Great stay, and we where not bothered by noise even though on the backside of the elevator. Oh bed could be a bit better, that what keeping this from 5

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Irving, TX
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The rooms in this hotel are very much like those you would find in a lot of European hotels. They're smaller, and they don't come with the shower/tub combo. It's not a place where you are going to go and just hang out in the room for most of the day. If you have young energetic kids this is something to keep in mind. I did like the bar and had a good time chatting with the bar tender about hockey as the Blackhawks game was on. Realistically this place is for young business types who want to get out the room and meet people which is why the bar was busy. Only annoying thing to me was the paid breakfast. It's the only drawback to Starwood properties as most of them don't have the free breakfast offerings that Hilton and Marriott offer. Yeah, I know. 1st world problems

Room Tip: Get an upper floor to lessen traffic noise.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank MichaelJW
Amy_Poe, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Rogers-Bentonville, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Dear MichaelJW,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed the community nature that we try to foster at our Aloft properties. I understand your frustration with the lack of free breakfast, but we appreciate you recognizing that we are trying to reach an audience with a unique experience, which is very different then any other platforms in the market. We hope you will stay with us again soon on your next visit to Rogers.