“Interesting experience”

Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Rogers
Los Angeles, California
“Interesting experience”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

This hotel is pretty out of the way. It is also strange that some of the locals come here to hang out. The people you see in the lobby and bar are not the normal business travelers. This is one of the few hotels that has a bar. The rooms are interesting, not my taste, but interesting. There's one long counter that serves as a desk, or whatever. The closet is not high enough to hang my pants without folding them. The color... I couldn't put my finger on it until I got home and passed by a gas station. It's that blue of the carpet and chair upholstery in auto repair shops. Why pick this blue? Of all the blues that can give this place that hipness it's trying to achieve? Try the blue from the bath amenities. The only thing I liked was the comforter. Nice and soft and warm. Not worth the money. Even if it is the company dime.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
TLozano, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Rogers-Bentonville, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear BettyKR,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. It is unfortunate that the hotel décor did not meet your expectations but glad that you found the bedding to be comfortable. We hope you give us another chance if business brings you to this area again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Great hotel! Clean rooms, adequate space. Love how the bathroom is somewhat separated from the rest of the room. Friendly staff. Did not use the bar, although there is a small space close to the bar that we hung out at for a bit, there is also a pool table. Kid friendly..
Swimming pool is small but clean. Over all great experience!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Chelsie_Wick, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Aloft Rogers-Bentonville, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear MRBOO,

Thank you for sharing with us about your stay. We would also like to thank you for pointing out our friendly staff, clean pool, lounge amenities, and more. We are very pleased to hear that you had an overall great experience. Be sure to stop by again the next time you’re in the area.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I have been a frequent guests of the aloft. I had recently stopped in on my way back home and as usual had great service. I was sad to find that garritt no longer was working here he always took great care of me, and remembered my name always making me feel like I was a number one guest. As usual my room was clean, the drinks were fabulous, and the atmosphere sassy. Thank all of you at the aloft for making my stay wonderful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Chelsie_Wick, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Aloft Rogers-Bentonville, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are happy to hear that you had another enjoyable stay with us. As always, we strive towards making all our guests feel special, so we thank you for your compliment about our staff. We hope to see you the next time you’re in the area.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at Aloft resorts in Dallas and found this site to provide the same great experience. It is an ultra-modern chain and it may not appeal to everyone, but it was a clean, comfortable room that was perfect for my business travel.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Chris B,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. We enjoy hearing that the Aloft brand is a great fit for you during your business travel. Our unique design is perfect for travelers on the go who are looking for simple amenities like free WiFi and bottled water.

Whether you are traveling in the future for business or pleasure, we would love to see you again soon here at Aloft Rogers-Bentonville.
Clarksville, Arkansas
Reviewed June 8, 2013

maybe I'm too old...or maybe it would be OK during week...but a trip to visit family on weekend I didn't need to be kept up all night by the 20 somethings partying up and down the hall...it should have been obvious when you first walk in and the bar is the most prominate item in the lobby...the room reminded me of a cabin on a cruise ship...efficiency being the theme.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear FankF817,

We appreciate hearing your honest feedback about your stay. We are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with some of the features at our hotel. While many guests do enjoy our unique brand design and amenities here at Aloft, we understand that some travelers may prefer a more traditional style.
Keller, TX
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Although I’m a big fan of Starwood brands (e.g.: Sheraton, Westin, W), I had never stayed at an Aloft and was looking forward to this weekend stop. I love just about everything about W hotels and was looking forward to seeing how that played out at Aloft, a spin-off of the W brand.

I was definitely not disappointed! The design is every bit as cool and maybe even trendier than a W. My companions – the lovely Mrs. and two teen aged gals – were impressed as well. We all liked that it was about the size and substance of a mid-range hotel but with a little more upscale look and feel. The W xyz bar and Re:Mix lounge & pool table did make it a bit busy and noisy during the evening, but it was nice to see the lively social atmosphere. The lounge is nicely decorated and quite comfortable, as is the Aloft Backyard patio; I would have liked more time to enjoy it!

The front desk is right up front and doubles as the command center for the lobby area - Re:Mix and Re:Fuel, the food and beverage station, which was a big disappointment. Though we booked a rate that included breakfast, it turned out to be typical continental fare: cereals, pastries and fruit. More substantial breakfast items (sandwiches, burritos and wraps) are available, but at an additional cost. That is not what I consider “breakfast included” – I don’t feel I got what I paid for. To call it a “self-serve gourmet eatery” (as claimed on their website) is a serious stretch. Beverages did include lattes and cappuccinos, but they are provided by a machine that seems to prepare them from packaged mixes. Also, there are not many places to sit and eat. The table in Re:Fuel is turned into a serving station, so you can’t sit there. The lounge seating is made for relaxing, not eating. There are a few seats at the bar and near the pool table. There is plenty of room to move the paltry pastries to the counter and provide some much needed seating.

The rooms were (mostly) excellent. I was surprised at the size, actually! The closet and has a good amount of storage for two, and the vanity on the opposing wall provides enough space to get ready without elbowing each other in the head. (A nice feature!) Further on is the toilet and shower; this was the only flaw in the room. The all glass shower left a gap of a half-inch or more when you closed the door, so water splashed out and all over the floor. The girls didn’t complain of this in their room so I won’t assume every shower does this.

As with every Starwood hotel I’ve stayed in, the beds were comfy and clean. The room’s simple décor was nice, but there were quite a few wall scuffs. The ample desk area and a built-in sofa occupied the wall opposite the beds. It was a great work space with no clutter, but the flat-panel TV being mounted on the same wall made it difficult to watch TV while seated at the desk.

There is also a pool and fitness center here. We didn’t have the time to indulge but they did look well maintained with a variety of cardio and strength exercise options. Overall, a good night’s sleep and a comfortable experience, but don’t pay extra for that “gourmet” breakfast. Take the money and head for the IHOP down the street. I enjoyed this stay and will probably book at Aloft again…just not at a “plus breakfast” rate.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear RobZonie,

We are happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your first stay at an Aloft hotel. Thank you for pointing out our unique design and it’s similarities to the W brand. The next time you stay and have more time, we welcome you to relax in our Re:mix lounge and on the backyard patio.

We apologize that you may have been misled about our breakfast options. Our Re:fuel by Aloft(SM) pantry is designed to offer healthy and quick menu items for travelers on the go. Our limited seating is a reflection of this as well.

Thanks again for your kind review and we hope to welcome you and your family back again soon.
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We stayed one night and decided to check out and go elsewhere. While I agree that the atmosphere is great, the beds were very uncomfortable and the pillows were worse! It was the worst night of sleep and my husband and I never complain. It wasn't worth it so we retorted to the double tree for night 2 of our trip.

• Stayed May 2013