All reviews chair massage greatest asset homely feeling rosemary room prepared dinner other guests place to stay after a long day shared bathroom home from home taxi driver bed and breakfast a wonderful stay stayed for two nights the location is perfect min walk next morning
Reviewed July 16, 2016

What a surprise, this basic B&B. The host was welcoming us so warm and friendly. The house looks beautiful, the 2 cats make it feeling home.
The views are breath taking, you can sit for hours enjoy the silence and watch spectacular Petra.
Jolanda, the owner, knows a lot about the area and loves to answer all the questions you have. If you need help, she's there. A woman with passion and you feel it when you're in her B&B. I will definitely come back and want to enjoy a chair massage on her terrace or do one of the yoga sessions. I'm not really into yoga but the moment I arrived I felt immediately 'zen'.

Room Tip: ask a room with view. it's a bit further from the entrance of Petra but it's definitely worth it to stay here, far from the tourists.
  • Stayed: July 2016, traveled with friends
jolanda k, General Manager at B&B Petra Fig Tree Villa, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2016

Dear M-futu, what a nice title for your review! It is so nice to share this feeling with you and my other guests! Looking forward to welcome you here again and have you on the massage chair! Sunny wishes, Jolanda

Reviewed July 4, 2016

Jolanda has been a wonderful host, and really helped us to make the most out of our visit to Petra.

She organized a pick up to and for the bus station, gave good advise on where to visit, and she cooked a lovely 3-entry vegetarian dinner, something really needed after spending the whole day trekking under the sun.

The family room is more spacious than it looks in the pictures, with a super fresh veranda and a stunning view. There is no AC, but the two big windows (with mosquito nets) make the room very cool all day and night. The two cats are well behaved (though I'm a cat person) and won't disturb at night if the door of the room is closed.

The bathroom is simple and very clean, hot water takes a little to come (use the bucket not to waste the running water, Jordan is a water stressed country) and pressure is good.

Overall, Jolanda went the extra mile to make our stay the most enjoyable, providing a professional host service with a homely feeling and nice atmosphere.

• Stayed: June 2016, traveled as a couple
jolanda k, General Manager at B&B Petra Fig Tree Villa, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2016

Thanks for sharing your experience in the B&B. I am glad you felt at home! That's what I like to offer to my guests so really rewarding to hear this. Welcome back anytime!

Reviewed June 30, 2016

The perfect place to relax from a hot and dusty day in Petra.
Jolanda's Villa is in top of Wadi Musa, within walking distance from the entrance to lovely Petra.
Lovely is also the right word for Jolanda. She is a perfect host who knows what tourists need: A nice, calm, superclean room and bed, nice sanitary rooms, delicious food and if you want: All the secrets about Petra.
If you need to do laundry - no problem. If you need fresh water - no problem. If you need WiFi, parking lot, a beautiful terrace to relax - Petra Fig Tree Villa and it's beautiful host is defenitely your place.

Room Tip: The rooms are all superbe.
  • Stayed: April 2016, traveled solo
jolanda k, General Manager at B&B Petra Fig Tree Villa, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2016

Dear Sue,
reading your review makes my heart jump up! That makes it so rewarding to host people in this nice place! Thanks! Glad you had a lovely time here. I enjoyed your company too and our talks! Welcome any time!
Sunny wishes!
Jolanda

Reviewed May 8, 2016

i stayed for only one night but it was such a relaxing and comfortable stay. Jolanda is very hospitable and nice, i enjoyed the small talks we had. she was very helpful in arranging pick ups for me and giving me tips on what to do for the day i had visiting Petra. her place is so cozy and relaxing, it didn't feel like a stranger's house at all but more like staying at a friend's place. i was so hungry by the time i arrived in the morning because i didn't have time for breakfast and she gladly fixed me up a sandwich and some tea and gave me a snack before i head to Petra. she is an amazing cook and the dinner was delectable. the villa is in a walking distance from the Petra visitors center (10 to 15 minutes) with a bit of an uphill and has a nice view of wadi musa. my room was so nice and had a terrace overlooking the mountain and Petra.

it was a very relaxing though very short stay, wish i had more time to stay longer

• Stayed: April 2016, traveled solo
1  Thank Marwa E
133jolandak, General Manager at B&B Petra Fig Tree Villa, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2016

Dear Marwa, thanks that you've written this review to share your experience in the B&B. I'm happy you felt like staying at a friend. I also enjoyed your visit! And welcome back any time!

Reviewed May 7, 2016

We stayed here for two nights in a very big and comfortable room whith our own balcony and beautifull view .the villa is located very close to the entrance of Petra ,much closer than most of the other hotels and it is very pacefull and quiet.
We had the best breakfast of our trip to Jordan and realy enjoyed our stay here ,Yolanda is a fantastic host it felt as if we were visiting a friend .would highly recomment this place

• Stayed: May 2016, traveled as a couple
133jolandak, General Manager at B&B Petra Fig Tree Villa, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2016

Thanks for staying in the B&B and writing this review with your recommendation. I'm glad you liked your stay in the Petra room. It was nice having you here and to talk during the tea on the back terrace. Welcome back any time!