“Exelent service and beautiful hotel”
Review of Petra Gate Hotel

Petra Gate Hotel
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

When I arrived, it was like a welcome you get when visiting family/friends. They showed me around, showed me my room and brought me something to drink.

They helped me arrange trips to several places like Little Petra.
They also organised some trips to; Wadi Rum, the Dead Sea and Kings Highway, for cheaper prices then taxi.

Even when I got ripped off, they were doing their utmost best to help me.

They are all really friendly people who wish to help you out.

Also, rooms are clean, hot water shower, breakfast and diner were delicious.

I could really reccommend this hotel.
The three+ nights discount is really nice, one night free.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Barrie v

Reviewed November 20, 2013

I strongly recommend staying at this hostel while in Petra, Naser is the best in Petra, I had an amazing time in the city thanks to the wonderfully helpful and welcoming staff. The hostel itself is very nice and incredibly clean. Naser, the owner, is a great guy who will go out of his way to make sure you have an unforgettable experience in Petra.The wonderful view from the roof terrace is amazing ! You can see Petra mountain from there Don\'t even look at another hostel, book this one right now.thanks for the great time.

Room Tip: I stay in 126 ,, It was very good view
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank rickardo C
Reviewed November 18, 2013

GReat place, reasonal prices for good rooms, nice rooftop-terrace with great view, the breakfast and diner were delicious for a goid price and last but not least; excellent staff! Very friendly hostel, great value for the price. Don't look further!!

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Moniekaatje
Reviewed June 7, 2013

During our stay, we found each member of the team at Petra Gate is exceedingly friendly and kind. The prices are reasonable.

My wife and I stayed here during our 33 country around the world trip and were very pleased. The Jordanian hospitality was evident at every moment of our visit. We found that there was none of the manipulative tendency that one might find in other adjacent countries in the region, and we rapidly and rightly came to trust the people at Petra Gate.

Sometimes reviewers seem to complain about that which they did not pay. Does one go to the Petra Gate Hotel and Hostel to experience 5 star accommodations and beach front property? Obviously not. There is no beach in Wadi Musa and the accommodations are not 5 star. However, for a traveller who wishes to stay somewhere safe, comfortable, and clean, and where wonderful food is inexpensive and the people really care...then you have found your spot.

We've stayed in 5 star, 5 diamond, world class, highly rated, and exclusive resorts. In the end, however, a comfortable, clean place to sleep and friendly and helpful people wins the day. You'll find the comfortable, clean place to sleep and the helpful, friendly people at Petra Gate.

Room Tip: Anywhere you stay in Wadi Musa will suffer from what a westerner would consider significant noise po...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank James F
Reviewed May 13, 2013

this was not our first choice but as was near but our first chioce(which was booked out) we stayed here for two nights and really enjoyed ourselves. The owner Nasser is a particulaly friendly and helpful man. yes the palce is a little rough around the edges but that just adds to it's charm. The rooms were clean, the simple breakfast was tasty(and starts early if you want to hit Petra before the crowds) and every time you walk through the door you are made to feel as though you are coming home.Take ear plugs though as it is very close to the Mosque and the 4am call to prayer will feel as though it's right inside your head. this is however not a reason not to stay here.

Room Tip: rooms at the back of the hotel have a great view of the village but are very close to the mosque.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank gavsworld
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I booked this hostel due to the good reviews and a friend's recommendation. The hostel is very basic and not in perfect, top-notch shape, but is is an excellent place to crash if you are on a budget and looking to spend most of the time out in Petra and the surrounding areas anyway, coming here to store your luggage and sleep. Nasser from the reception and management was EXTREMELY helpful giving me some information on the site, a ride from the hostel to Petra, and also arranging for a cab to pick me up from Wadi Rum to the hostel and from the hostel to Amman Airport, stopping at Little Petra, Shawbak, and the Dead Sea for a fair price, so my days were used to the max. As a woman traveling alone, it was of utmost importance to be safe and well taken care of, and he didn't fail in selecting the drivers and checking in to see if everything was fine. If you need a cab driver for either around Petra or long-distance in Jordan, ask the reception to contact IBRAHIM (+962 777511514). You won't regret it. He was extremely pleasant, his English was great, he had a lot of interesting things to share, and it is enough to say that he was the most respectful and courteous driver I have had the fortune to ride with. I felt very, very safe driving around with him. Tip: REMEMBER to leave the key at the reception when you are out! I forgot and could have saved them some headaches. ;)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
8  Thank Hilda A
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I stayed at the Petra Gate hostel for two nights. The hostel keeper, Naser Farajat, was most helpful to provide any information we wanted and helped out with all of our practical needs, and he even called up someone to find out actual information he didn't know himself. He helped us organize out visit to Wadi Rum. He is very honest and personally engages with you as a guest, and we paid a reasonable amount for the comfort we got in a two-bed room.
I don't know what other hostels in Petra new town are like but I am confident that we made a very good choice to stay at the Petra Gate hostel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends