While the Petra site itself more than lives up to its Wonder of the World billing, the commercial and hospitality amenities of the towns of Petra and Wadi Musa are infamously seedy tourist traps. Of the hospitality alternatives, the exceptions are the Moevenpick and Crowne Plaza in Petra. The Moevenpick wins that competition because of its delightfully traditional decor and hugely convenient location, directly across the plaza from the site entrance. Given how dusty and weary one gets from a full day of hiking around the site's rough terrain, the extra couple of yards up a steep hill to the Crowne Plaza really do make a difference. We came from the Four Seasons in Amman, and of course the Moevenpick's amenities can't compare. Nevertheless, it is very nice. We were there over New Years, and the Moevenpick was packed, but the staff cheerfully and effectively rose to the occasion. When we made our booking, only the most expensive class of rooms were available. When we checked in, cheaper rooms had become available, and the staff voluntarily made us aware of the alternative -- a very nice touch. Excellent food also.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the hidden city. The Movenpick Resort Petra is the ideal starting point for exciting excursions to the ancient City of the Nabateans. It also offers an enchanting atmosphere for you to relax and unwind as never before. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Movenpick Resort Petra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moevenpick Resort Petra Hotel Petra / Wadi Musa
- mövenpick Petra Wadi Musa
- Movenpick Resort Petra Jordan/Petra - Wadi Musa