What a disappointment. The property is old and needs to be freshened up. The rooms are nice but dated. I'd say this is a 3 + star property. While it is nice the hotel is directly across the street from Petra - who cares. There is a line of cheap taxis outside of Petra who can quickly take you to any hotel in the city.
The staff did a great job. However, I think they are trying to work with limited resources. For example, it was probably 90 degrees out when we visited Petra. They must have turned off the A/C because it is now winter. While it does cool off at night that doesn't help much when you get back to a closed up room after 7 hours of hiking around Petra. We called numerous times and they said they would work on it. They finally moved us to another room which was on the other side of the building. This was better but I think it was due to being out of the sun.
Also, the wifi is, at best, unreliable and spotty. Again, the people trying to assist us were all great. Unfortunately, the property is getting outdated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the hidden city. The Movenpick Resort Petra is the ideal starting point for exciting excursions to the ancient City of the Nabateans. It also offers an enchanting atmosphere for you to relax and unwind as never before. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Movenpick Resort Petra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moevenpick Resort Petra Hotel Petra / Wadi Musa
- mövenpick Petra Wadi Musa
- Movenpick Resort Petra Jordan/Petra - Wadi Musa