The place was overpriced in my opinion. Great atmosphere, incredibly close to the entrance of Petra Park entrance. Food in restaurants was average, apart from 1 dinner in the Mediterrenean restaurant (still a bit pricey). Staff incredibly friendly and helpful (sometimes a bit too much -- as a woman traveling alone, there was some unwanted attention at times-- all perfectly innocent, but sometimes a bit unnerving. When I called downstairs to have the cable TV fixed, they sent up a repairman, who fixed it, but then stood in my room, just staring. Made me very uncomfortable, so I quickly ushered him out. I believe it's just a cultural thing -- they are not used to seeing women traveling on their own in Jordan. Apart from a few gawky stares, the place was fine. Bed comfortable, room clean with nice views of the hillside/sunset. Centrally located, near a lot of the Petra shops, and down the street from a fantastic Turkish Bath.
For a Movenpick, however, this was rather average. Not great, not bad, just meh....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the hidden city. The Movenpick Resort Petra is the ideal starting point for exciting excursions to the ancient City of the Nabateans. It also offers an enchanting atmosphere for you to relax and unwind as never before. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Movenpick Resort Petra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moevenpick Resort Petra Hotel Petra / Wadi Musa
- mövenpick Petra Wadi Musa
- Movenpick Resort Petra Jordan/Petra - Wadi Musa