My wife and I spent two nights here in early April 2013 and we quite enjoyed the hotel property and the efficient service all throughout our stay. The central lounge area reminded us of a Moroccan riad, with uniquely Jordanian touches and our hotel room was very clean and modern with comfortable beds. Everything was where it should be and the breakfast buffet was fabulous, with a wide selection of fresh food on hand.
I do wish that the Moevenpick Resort (along with others in Jordan) would provide an ice-o-matic (ice vending machine) for their guests, so we wouldn't have to bother waiters for ice with every meal. The plus side of staying here was the close proximity of Petra..believe me, after walking for miles over a period of two days, you will be happy to duck back into this beautiful hotel just across the street from the site entrance! During one of the nights, we enjoyed a couple of delicious ice creams at the small corner dessert shop inside the hotel which was staffed by Ms. Robles. Her service was impeccable and mirrors the sort of hospitable service that we experienced all throughout our stay in the country of Jordan.
We are independent travelers who have been around the region (Syria, Turkey and Egypt) and on this trip we had our own driver, just a word about the Petra night walk - a good flashlight is important to bring, especially if it's your first trip to Petra which it was for us. We decided to do the night walk before our daytime trip - and what a difference it made to see it in the daylight and realize how close we were to the sides of the Siq passageway during the night walk! The walk is only lit by candles (covered with paper) so it is a very dim affair and you will feel better with a flashlight during the way which is over rough and uneven paving stones. Also, security should be more apparent along the night walk as there are a few shady people hanging around in the dark by the site. The only thing we regret is that we didn't spend more time at this hotel - but we will be coming back to the region and will definitely stop here during our next trip!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the hidden city. The Movenpick Resort Petra is the ideal starting point for exciting excursions to the ancient City of the Nabateans. It also offers an enchanting atmosphere for you to relax and unwind as never before. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Movenpick Resort Petra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moevenpick Resort Petra Hotel Petra / Wadi Musa
- mövenpick Petra Wadi Musa
- Movenpick Resort Petra Jordan/Petra - Wadi Musa