I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and really enjoyed it. Its a small cosy hotel, may not really be a 5 star but it was still very good.
Only 3 mins walk to petra main gate with shops all around the hotel.
Beautiful lobby and bar area with a kind of turkish feel, the staff in the bar area are excellent nothing is too much trouble and they are very friendly. Had food from the bar area twice and it was very good with a nice choice, the pasta was great. The same goes for the buffet restaurant staff and the food was also very good and tasty with lots of choice but it is worth bartering the price down with the matradee for the evening meal which will go lower if you try!
The pool area is in the basement through corridoors and the well equipt gym, its enclosed with a small bar area, tables & chairs and sunloungers. Some of the sunlongers are broken so you can only lay in 1 position and as the sun moves you will end up in the shade with no where to move to as it was busy.
Wifi avaliable from receiption 1jd for 1 hour.
The hotel also has a roof top cafe/bar area for afternoon/evenings but I could never get a seat up there as it was always busy.
The rooms are small but functional and comfortable, the beds are really comfortable and I slept really well, the room had bathsalts which was welcome after a day at petra!
Only bad points I found was the breakfast quality was not as good as the other moevenpicks I had stayed in on the tour I was on and also less choice.
The food and drinks were really pricey more expensive than Amman, around £8 for a vodka and coke.
I found the man at reception rude and unhelpful but he was the only staff member I found that with which was a shame.
Overall I would recommend this hotel for your stay at Petra, its a fantastic location and the friendly staff will make your stay a good one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the hidden city. The Movenpick Resort Petra is the ideal starting point for exciting excursions to the ancient City of the Nabateans. It also offers an enchanting atmosphere for you to relax and unwind as never before. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Movenpick Resort Petra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moevenpick Resort Petra Hotel Petra / Wadi Musa
- mövenpick Petra Wadi Musa
- Movenpick Resort Petra Jordan/Petra - Wadi Musa