We recently returned from the trip of a lifetime in Jordan, and the experience was made even more special by the staff of this lovely hotel! This was our "honeymoon", 10 years after getting married, and the evening of our 10th anniversary was spent in Petra. I wanted everything to be perfectly romantic and special - I was not disappointed and, in fact, the warm and enthusiastic staff of the Mövenpick made it into a fairy tale!
Having worked in the travel industry for fifteen years, I've stayed at hundreds of 4 and 5-star hotels around the world. Many of those hotels had incredible surroundings, as in Petra, and beautiful decore/architecture, as in Petra. But this hotel will forever stand out in my mind and in my heart, thanks entirely to the warmth, kindness and professionalism of this amazing staff, most of whom are born and raised in Petra!
We first arrived to Ghazi at the front door, who greeted us with a warm smile and "welcome, welcome!". Ibrahim at the front desk spent at least 30 minutes trying to resolve the minor crisis of a misplaced passport, with great patience and kindness. Once the passport was located, the fun began!
Ziad in the bar charmed us with his Arabic lessons while serving a delicious Jordanian wine, and suddenly reappeared as we were checking out the menu for the a-la-carte restaurant. We were concerned that there wouldn't be time for a fancy dinner and the candlelight walk into Petra. But Ziad talked with Mohammad in the restaurant and all was arranged so that we could very comfortably enjoy the BEST dinner in our lives, and still make it to Petra by Night. After the exquisite 5-star dinner, with Mohammad, Nawaf, the chef and the restaurant manager treating us like royalty, the entire restaurant and kitchen staff came out with a lovely cake and sang the most beautiful "congratulatory" song we've ever heard - in Arabic, of course! I had a difficult time holding back the tears - never in our lives had we felt so well cared for and "VIP" as we did that evening in Petra!
We made it to the Petra by Night tour without any stress (the entrance is 2 minutes' walk from the hotel!), and enjoyed a gorgeous candlelight walk to the Treasury, where we were serenaded with Bedouin music by candlelight under the stars!
We will never ever forget our 10th anniversary, and that is ALL thanks to the delightful staff of the Mövenpick Resort Petra. We have absolutely no hesitation in recommending this spectacular hotel!
Shukran k'teer to each and every one of you ... ma'a salaama!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the hidden city. The Movenpick Resort Petra is the ideal starting point for exciting excursions to the ancient City of the Nabateans. It also offers an enchanting atmosphere for you to relax and unwind as never before. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Movenpick Resort Petra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moevenpick Resort Petra Hotel Petra / Wadi Musa
- mövenpick Petra Wadi Musa
- Movenpick Resort Petra Jordan/Petra - Wadi Musa