“Enjoyable stay, nice hotel”
Review of Amra Palace Hotel

Amra Palace Hotel
Ranked #16 of 41 Hotels in Petra - Wadi Musa
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Well appointed hotel in a more western style than Jordanian. Rooms a good size and spotless. Runs a free shuttle service to Petra and back at set times in the morning and afternoon. If you want to get to Petra for opening time you can walk - easy 15 mins all downhill, although expect to be offered numerous lifts for a dinar or two - locals seem to take great offence at the idea you'd want to walk somewhere. Return journey should be JD2/3 in a taxi depending how much you want to haggle. Food was good enough - buffet on Friday was the best meal I had there. Breakfast also more than ample.

Reasonable sized swimming pool, shame the sauna was out when I was there. Wifi works ok and is free.

Would recommend/stay here again although suggest asking for a room on the back to reduce the risk of an early wake up call from the neighbours (the mosque).

Room Tip: Avoid the front rooms where the mosque is outside
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,126)

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Clean sheets, friendly staff, very nice meals and a nice little garden make the place an oasis in bustling Wadi Musa. We greatly enjoyed our stay! The swimming pool offered great relaxation after a day of walking in Petra, but the marble and tiles everywhere make for a slippery floor in the shower area.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 27, 2014

The staff at the Amra Palace Hotel made me feel indeed like a queen while the "palace" had the charm of a quaint inn from Ottoman times. After an incredible, but long journey that had begun the previous night leaving Israel in order to begin an early day in Jordan to see all the wonders of Petra, I was greeted with a smile by Hassan and offered a soothing and delicious glass of hibiscus juice. Though I was still awed by the wonders of the day, my legs were heavy and could barely carry me to my room. There, I found a most comfortable bed with yummy white cotton sheets and duvet. But if that wasn't enough, we had a generous buffet dinner that evening followed the next morning by an enormous breakfast complete with a variety of yogurts, pancakes, breads, cheeses, eggs (prepared at the buffet anyway you want), juices, coffee, and much more.
I rated the hotel as a good value, but it was part of a total package of going to Petra that allowed us to stay longer at the sight so that the added hotel stay along with dinner and breakfast seemed a reasonable additional cost. I don't know the cost of staying there without a tour package.
For fitness, they have a heated indoor pool with jacuzzi.
There seems to be an effort to be "green" as evidenced by hallway motion-detected lighting and the request in the room to place used towels on the floor in the bathroom while everything else would remain unchanged during your stay in the room. If this is something you value as I do than this may also influence your decision to patronize the Amra Palace Hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We were planning to stay 1 night in Amra and the team was so nice, the room so good and the price so good (comparate to the other hotel with the same standing) that we stayed for 3 nights. The services proposed to facilitate the Petra visit are perfect (minibus to compensate the fact that the hotel is not directly in Petra, ticket sell for Petra by nigh, lunch box, recommendations...). We really enjoyed to stay there and thank the team again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

This is a convenient resting place for visiting Petra. Staff are pleasant and rooms clean and adequate. Dining room served a buffet one night then a la cart the next. Buffet was good, a la cart choices disappointing. Be careful of the one hour steam, scrub, massage special as it only lasted half an hour. Nice heated swimming pool.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 24, 2014

We were group of photographers visiting for one night only . The hotel is dirty !! Everything is dirty . The rooms, the plates at dinner and breakfast and the room upkeep is sheer awful !
The bed felt as you are not sure if they really changed the sheets .. You know the yucky feeling.
The tub was not clean and I ended up standing and washing myself as if I am in a camp
The wifi is poor even if it's for few dollars still not great .
The food is carbs, carbs and more carbs.
Sorry find another hotel .
The bellman came into my room following me and helping me getting into the room next thing I know he is in the room asking me to change money for him . I was like "really why me ? " But I changed it as I was going back to Israel and he clearly was not .

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank navawritz
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I stayed at the AMRA palace back in September last year on a trip to Petra and Wadi Rum and have to say it was quite pleasant, fine food and good service was experienced and when I return to Petra again this year in October, I hope to once again stay at this hotel whilst travelling in this region. Cheers

Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo