“Great Home Base for Petra Visit”
Review of Amra Palace Hotel

Amra Palace Hotel
Ranked #10 of 40 Hotels in Petra - Wadi Musa
Ottawa, Canada
“Great Home Base for Petra Visit”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at the Amra Palace Hotel.

Highlights included:
- Great room, it was clean, somewhat spacious and the beds were the best of the three weeks I was on vacation!
- Buffet dinner and buffet breakfast was included and the dishes were of high quality and were really good.
- Turkish Bath was great and very relaxing. The free internet access you got with it was well worth it.
- I also sent out laundry while I was there and it was waiting for me upon my return. While my items were well done my friend’s white shirt came back stained a bit yellow.

All in all I really enjoyed my stay at my hotel and if I come back to Petra again, I would stay at this hotel!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Great place, nice helpful staff. Spacious rooms with good beds and I had lovely views. Nice swimming pool but chlorine heavy! Did not eat there so cannot comment, breakfast fine for Jordan. Lovely to walk down to and up from Petra, a real Jordanian town.

Room Tip: ask for a view and be aware it is a no alcohol hotel.......
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We stayed here 2 nights and found the hotel to be clean, spacious and comfortable. The front of the hotel is beautiful and the terrace a lovely place to sit in around sunset. The hotel has swimming pool, jaccuzi and turkish bath services and had a great offer going whilst we were there. The buffet breakfast and dinner was tasty with plenty of choice and the staff was also very friendly.

The hotel would have got a rating of 5 from me if we were not made to pay for drinks which we didn't consume. On our checkout, the reception staff were adamant that we had taken drinks and chocolates from the fridge in our rooms and were demanding payment. After several minutes of arguement in front of other guests, we had to pay for the water and but not for the drinks and chocolates which we apparently consumed. This incident was quite embarrassing and frustrating as there was no way of us proving that we had not used anything as we had purchased our own while travelling. I'm not sure if this is a common problem as the same happened to us at the hotel in Amman so we were not impressed at all.

Room Tip: You may wish to have drinks and food removed from the mini bar before you occupy the room as a payme...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I stayed for 3 nights in october. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the room very comfortable and clean and the swimming pool very welcome after a day walking in Petra. The position of the hotel is very pleasant with the terrace overlooking the petra mountains and although its about 15 minutes walk from the hotel to the entrance to petra there is a convenient shuttle bus several times in the mornings and the afternoons. The buffet breakfast was excellent with a variety of western and local food, as was the buffet dinner. This hotel is very good value, I will definately stay there the next time I visit Petra.

Bury St Edmunds
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights here 27th to 29th September during our holiday in Jordan. Great little hotel especially considering it is only 3 star. Staff are very friendly and helpful, the owner taking great care to visit all the tables during dinner to ensure guests are enjoying their stay - and dispensing delicious and very welcome Bedouin tea. Our room wasn't the largest we stayed in but we had everything we needed and we certainly had the most comfortable bed during our holiday! The food was very good and the dinner buffet had some wonderful Jordanian specialities, a real treat. Don't understand the comments about the hotel being dry! I was drinking beer every evening. All in all a great choice in Wadi Mousa. PS we're still waiting for your chef's recipes!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Although the atmosphere was partly stiff, partly non-existent, the Amra Palace convinces with a decent standard, a great terrace and a delicious dinner buffet. The couscous tasted like heaven and the desserts like the sweetest of temptations. I cannot remember the breakfast buffet so it cannot have been as remarkable;0)

My room was nicely furnished, but the bathroom clinically white and dull. The ladies from the Philippines cleaning the rooms and serving the tables do a really good job. The dry cleaning service is quick at reasonable prices and the free shuttle to the rock city of Petra very reliable.

While the rock city is simply jaw-dropping and out of this world, the area around the hotel does not have anything exciting to offer, but is safe and nice enough for an evening stroll.

Stamford, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Great value, really good and extensive breakfast buffet. The staff were very attentive and quick to offer advice re trips without feeling pressured. The pool and jacuzzi were very clean and a nice addition, particularly for the price of the room. A free shuttle to the main entrance of Petra was very handy although the 15 min walk to the entrance was easy enough down hill and a cheap taxi back up the hill. The hotel is 'dry' so possibly stock up in duty free!
Would highly recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front of the hotel to have a view over the town. However, that side is nearer...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends