“The best hotel during my trip to Jordan!”

Seven Wonders Hotel
Ranked #8 of 40 Hotels in Petra - Wadi Musa
San Leandro, California
“The best hotel during my trip to Jordan!”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Seven Wonders is a new hotel, a small one with everything you need. It is clean, modern, with a decent service, good breakfast, amazing spa area, good location (ok, you walk a good fifteen minutes to downtown Wadi Musa… but…) and great views of Petra from the rooftop… and there is a pool! I stayed there last month as part of my tour with G Adventures (Highlights of Jordan) and definitely recommend it. Honestly I think it was the best hotel I stayed at in Jordan. Simple with high quality. Don't think twice if you need to go to Petra… book it!

Room Tip: Try to visit one of the tea houses near the hotel.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
SevenWondersHotel, Seven Wonders Team at Seven Wonders Hotel, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
Dear H F

We would like to express you with our appreciation for choosing Seven Wonders Hotel as your break away hotel for your stay in Petra .

Thank you for your detailed feedback positively highlighting the Spa, food , services & Location.

We are grateful for your support to our hotel and we will be extremely pleased to have you again in the future.

Kind regards,
Seven Wonders Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Beersheba, Israel
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Took the fameliy for a two night stay in Seven Wonders Hotel. Very clean simple small hotel. The 20 minute walk down hill to Petra is OK ( you can take back a Taxi ). The pool on the roof is good only for summer but you do not come to Petra for the Pool. Ask the cook to fix you breakfast as you like. We did and goot a great service. Very good value for mony :-)

Room Tip: They got a 4 bad rooms ! Great for bid familys.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
SevenWondersHotel, Seven Wonders Team at Seven Wonders Hotel, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Dear luzErez2 ,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor and thank you for your lovely pictures :) .
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with your family . Next time, we hope you have time to check out our Afra Turkish bath, where you will "relax your body" after visiting Petra.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

Best Regards,
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Stayed here as part of the G (Gap) Adventures Highlights of Jordan tour. Hotel was very nice. Rooms very modern and clean. Water pressure and temp good in shower. My television didn't work, however I didn't find I missed it much.

A decent walk from the hotel to the downtown eating areas, but doable. Shops which sell water and snacks within walking distance.

We made use of the Turkish Bath in the hotel, very nice. For 20JD it was worth it in my opinion.

My room was on the first floor. Wifi was free, but only worked when I stood close to the room door to the hallway.

Very nice hotel. I would stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
SevenWondersHotel, Seven Wonders Team at Seven Wonders Hotel, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear JohnnyB88,

We would like to pass onto you our utmost appreciation and thanks for issuing your review regarding your stay at seven Wonders Hotel.

Your feedback is not only essential but is also a helpful tool to measure the level of service we extend to our guests and at the same time provides us with an opportunity to improve our standards.

It will be our great pleasure to host you soon again for another fantastic time at seven Wonders Hotel. and all our teams are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Cordially,
seven Wonders Team
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Probably the best hotel we stayed at in Jordan. The staff were excellent and extremely polite and helpful. It has all the makings of a high 4 star hotel. We had a great view of Petra from our balcony. The rooftop pool and seated area left us a little surprised the hotel wasn't more expensive as the quality was very high and the views were perfect. The room was spotless, a power shower (rare for Jordan) and very modern bathroom, heated and light fitted mirror etc. the bed was comfortable and large. Breakfast here was additional but very good, the chef will make omelettes for you. It's within walking distance of all the local restaurants in central wadi musa. Petra is a short 5 minute drive from the hotel. I spent an evening chatting with the night porter who I drank Turkish tea with, a very nice chap who summed up my stay at Wadi Musa. Highly recommended.

The only downsides are it's location makes for a difficult uphill climb if you are on foot, as Petra is at the bottom of Wadi Musa - probably a good half hour walk away. Staff would likely assist you with a taxi or minibus however. Other than that I can't fault the place.

Room Tip: The rooms facing Petra are outstanding.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
SevenWondersHotel, Seven Wonders Team at Seven Wonders Hotel, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Dear Leigh R

Let us take the opportunity to express our thanks for your stay at Seven Wonders Hotel and for sharing your experience here.

We are pleased to know that you have found that the staff members are excellent and extremely polite and as well, that you have loved the room facilities

We wish to have the pleasure of your presence once again at Seven Wonders Hotel.

Best Regards
Warrington, England
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We stayed at the Seven Wonders for two nights whilst visiting Petra. Our room was spacious, very clean with a very comfortable bed. The hotel is a little way away (about 3km) from the entrance to Petra but taxis are plentiful and cheap. It is all downhill going but a real climb coming back after spending all day exploring Petra. Don't let this put you off from staying here. There are a large number of hotels available in the area and I am convinced that this is one of the best. The hotel staff could not have been better, very helpful, attentive and polite. Food in the restaurant was very good and excellent value.
It is small enough to offer personal treatment but not over bearing. For what we paid, I considered it to be excellent value. It is only 18 months old so still has a nice new feeling to it.
The pool area is very nice and there is an excellent health facility (massage, sauna, steam etc) available at extra cost.
If we ever return to Petra in the future I would stay here again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Eagle7345

Thank you for your detailed feedback positively highlighting the excellence of the food , & service

Kind regards,

London
Reviewed November 10, 2013

This hotel is wonderful, especially for the price you pay. I am from England and live in Dubai and though it may seem strange, this hotel made me realise how much I miss nice carpets! - The décor of the rooms, carpets included, and the bathrooms was very nice, homely, traditional and stylish all at the same time. Shampoo shower gel, towels etc. are provided which, for the price, is excellent. The shower was nice and hot and good pressure. All three of our group were in separate rooms and we all thought this You also have a few hours of free internet use, which we found very welcome and helpful, not least as it enabled us to read about the wonderful Petra (I accidentally left my travel book in Amman). The only issue I had was that I never worked out how to switch on the TV and one of my friends had to ask for help, so some instructions in the room or at check in might be useful.

The manager is nice and friendly and full of character. I say this, in spite of him only giving business cards to my two male friends and not me, the only female....and incidentally the only reviewer... of the group (fatal mistake!) - but his charm led me to forgive him! - and he did only have two left ;-)

The breakfast is good for the price and important to set you up for what will inevitably be a hard day's hiking. You should be aware that this is a DRY hotel, but if you do like a drink on holiday, don't let it put you off. It's actually cheaper to bring your own and you can drink it in your room. When we were there the wonderful roof terrace provided a nice spot for a glass of wine, which the owners don't mind as long as no one is offended.

One thing I will add is that the hotel is further than 15 minutes walk from Petra. However, the walk down the hill to the site is easy,. It is a different story on the way back up the hill, which is not too enjoyable after the hard day's hiking - I would recommend haggling for a cab, which is only a couple of JD. - However, the manager tells me that they are planning on getting a shuttle bus, which should improve the situation. - Either way, this walk would not put me off staying here or recommending the lovely place.

Overall, this has to be one of the best options in Petra. I have no hesitation in fully recommending the place. I also cannot recommend Petra enough as it is truly a magnificent experience and one that will stay with me forever. Also try the Bedouin food restaurant near to the site - the food there is wonderful.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Wise1London

Thank you for displaying your satisfaction of your recent stay at Seven Wonders Hotel , We are glad that our level of service met your expectations.
We noticed your comments and will be taken in our consideration
We hope to have the pleasure of your return in next to no time and thank you once more for your visit.
Best Regards
cyprus
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I stayed here with my friend two weeks ago and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. As two mature women having already travelled a lot, our expectations are fairly high. One of our main criteria is to be properly welcomed and given good old fashioned service. This is exactly what we got as both the staff and in particular, the Manager, Abdul, could not do enough to please us and make our stay a happy one.

The rooms are very comfortable and whilst having finishes one would expect in an international hotel, it still has the warm, homely feeling to it.

We were also surprised with the buffet where the food and presentation was very good.

I very much look forward to returning and having more time to use the roof top pool with pleasant surroundings and also the wonderful Turkish bath (with sauna, whirlpool, hot slab etc.)

To anyone visiting Petra, I would fully recommend the Seven Wonders Hotel as a base to stay.

Tina Harper (Mrs)
Cyprus
10 November 2013

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear maquis

Thank you for your recent stay at Seven Wonders Hotel and for your assessment of our property. We are glad that our level of service met your expectations and you are most welcome at any time in your place at Petra
We hope to have the pleasure of your return in next to no time .

Cordially,