“Lovely Place”
Review of Kings' Way Hotel

Kings' Way Hotel
Ranked #27 of 40 Hotels in Petra - Wadi Musa
Reviewed April 28, 2009

We stayed at the Golden Tulip King's Way hotel for 2 nights while visiting Petra. The hotel is very cosy and beautiful. Staff friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and comfy. Wifi is available, but only in the lobby. Breakfast lacks the oriental foul/homous that I had enjoyed in the Golden Tulip Amman, but otherwise OK.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Viken_Larnaca

Reviewed March 14, 2009

Lovely room with circular bed. Very friendly staff. Tax and service charges hiked quoted price up significantly

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CummingDubai
Reviewed February 9, 2009

I stayed here as part of a group when visiting Petra, so did not make the reservation myself and am not sure of the cost of the room.
Overall it was a satisfactory experience.
i thought the food was perfectly acceptable.
I can't say the hotel made a great impression on me one way or the other.
The room was a decent size, as was the bathroom.
My only comment would be about its location. It is at the top of a very long hill into town, which is where most of the shops and restaurants etc are located.

• Stayed: November 2008
1  Thank Rambling_Canuck
Reviewed November 18, 2008

Well, we have just come back home after a two weeks visit to the middle and north africa.... the kings way is one of the best hotel we had stayed... quiet location a way from the noise of the city, with a great lage lobby, good variety of food, nice,clean, oriental decorated rooms( at least the one we got )... and a bove all the freindly helpfull staff. When we decide to come back to the region our first choice will be the Golden Tulip Kings Way hotel... and it is much better if you contact the hotel dirctly for reservation ....

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed November 14, 2008

The house is easy to find as it is on the left side when entering Wadi Musa from Kings Highway.
We spent 5 nights and enjoyed every moment.
From the minute we entered 'til the moment we checked out we lived in a "family".
Each person did care about us, from the Manager (Amer Turkmani) to the waiter (Safe), from the boss of the restaurant (Emad) to the cook (Bassam). They acted all in such a lovely and heartly way that it was more than hard for us to leave.
The rooms were clean, the quality of food among the best I have been served within the last 20 years.
May Allah bless all of you.
Golden Tulip Kingsway is really best choice when visiting Petra, I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank Yukongrizzly
Reviewed March 21, 2008

We stayed at the Golden Tulip Kings way during our visit to Petra and we had a terrible experience. I booked the hotel on Expedia and it was suppost to be a 4 starts hotel and it is not even a 2 start.s The rooms are dirty, the carpet had huge nasty stains, the elevator smells terrible and the breakfast was the worst I have ever had in my life. Stay away from this hotel, if you are visiting Petra stay at the Movenpick or the Crown Plaza. This place is a dump.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 9, 2008

On a private guided journey I stayed in this hotel. As a woman alone you should not stay in this hotel. During my dinner the restaurantmanager was trying to catch my attention all the time, touching me several times and after 10 minutes he ask to marry me. Even if I said that I am a married woman and dislike his advances he still bothering me. I was most wondered that all other personel was covering him by his efforts and it seems this is an accepted way to approch women. This hotel and maybe even this country is not ready to give hospitality to traveling women on her own. Be aware ladies!

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled solo