“Cheap Option”
Review of Kings' Way Hotel

Kings' Way Hotel
Ranked #27 of 40 Hotels in Petra - Wadi Musa
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Poor Option way up the hill from the 'entry' to Petra and therefore isolated as well. If you want the feel of an old hotel with limited facilities and basic accommodation then this is the one for you. There is something to be said for this as a visit to Petra and Jordan is not generally synonymous with luxury and I agree with BGBR that it is adequate for a one night stay however you can do better. Once again we were rushed as we were trying to beat the Arab uprisings and therefore did not want to deviate from the advice and organisation of the tour guides.

Food offerings were again very average and given the position of the Kings' Way we really could not get down to the town at night time and that is by far the better option.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank DPL-OZ

Reviewed September 21, 2012

We spent one night at the King's Way Petra and found the hotel to be quite worn.
The hotel is far from the main entrance to the historic site in Petra, far from the city of Wadi Musa and restaurants, so we were glad to have our own transportation.
The breakfast could have been better with at least fresh bread.
The staff was very unfriendly, no free WIFI nor Internet acces.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank bgbr
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We stayed here for one night as part of a package deal trip to Jordan. It was perfectly adequate for our needs. Being in the travel business and having stayed at lots of upscale hotels, I've become a bit of a self confessed "hotel snob". That being said, it met our needs for one night. It was clean, comfortable and the staff were friendly. It was low season and there were only 3 rooms occupied, so we had a limited choice at dinner time. The food wasn't very good, but we were hungry enough to eat it all.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

After a long day visiting the site of Petra, our driver took us a short ride to our hotel, we really didn't know what to expect as we booked this fantastic and friendly hotel upon recommendation from a film producer who I met through work, him and his whole team stayed at this hotel while shooting a movie in Petra, ( apologies for not remembering the movie's name), any way, we arrived to our hotel in the evening and had an immediate sense of relief, it looked so peaceful and calm, exactly what we needed, we entered the cool lobby and immediately were received by a cool welcoming lemon and mint drink. Oh, that was the best lemonade I ever had, truly.
After being led to our rooms, we were told that dinner will be served around the pool , it was a fantastic meal in a beautiful setting, the only light we had looking over us was the moon light and it's reflection in the pool.
Our rooms were very clean, had everything we needed and spacious.
I can say that our stay in Jordan was very special not only because of it's richness in historical sites , it's beautiful weather but in addition by it's welcoming people, their genuine hospitality and their special friendliness. A truly wonderful experience.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Asterelia
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We stayed here as part of a private tour and even though it is a bit out of the way, but within walking distance, from the main part of Petra it is clean, quiet and had an amazing pool, we pretty much had it to ourselves. Food Selection at breakfast was great aswell.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bec_holiday
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I just spent one night in the hotel before leaving early in the morning to visit Petra. The hotel was very nice. The staff more than friendly and welcoming. I enjoyed the food and I had a good sleep in very comfortable beds. Also the bathrooms are nice, very well equipped.
I will recommend this to my friends going to Petra, as well. And I will go to this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 23, 2012

This is my second stay at the Kings' Way Hotel and it was another very pleasant stay. I have to disclose that it was for work on the premises but I am writing this as a guest which I was at the hotel. I found the staff to be extremely helpful and cheerful, the food for a four star hotel was excellent. They have a great pool which nobody seems to use as they are off to Petra early in the morning and perhaps too tired to enjoy this little gem when they return. I look forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: Book a new room on the fourth floor.