Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Priceline
$68
$65
View deal
Free cancellation until 08/06/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Booking.com$65
eDreams$65
Travelocity$68
All reviews breakfast and dinner recommend staying here big room travel agent petra site comfortable hotel minute drive yogurt jordan valley shuttle wadi
Selected filters
Reviewed April 26, 2010

We were guests at the hotel for 3 nights. The hotel is a bit removed from the city center but the availability of the shuttle alleviated any concerns and was efficient. The rooms were excellent and the restaurant was excellent. Always a buffet format and always good and good value. The staff were continually available and always assisting as necessary or just to be helpful. The pool/bath area was appealing and clean.

I would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone. The price and value were superb.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank grafton13
Reviewed April 20, 2010

I booked to stay in the Alanbat 1 a month before my arrival after being left with little choice as most hotels around this price range were fully booked. From reading the reviews on tripadvisor, I felt that Alanbat 1 was the best of the 3 hotels (as they had a restaurant, shuttle service pool and Turkish bath) and when I booked I wrote to them to say that I wanted to stay in Alanbat 1 for this reason. However when I got to the hotel, they told me they were fully booked and that I had to go to the Alanbat 3 in the centre of Wadi Musa. I guess because I had heard of other people having this experience I was a little annoyed. I guess I thought I was getting something inferior and told them that they shouldn't have agreed my booking if they didn't have rooms or at least tell me in advance that they were going to move me. The manager said that Alanbat III was better and newer and that I could have a room in Alanbat 1 but he would not be happy giving it to me. He showed it to me and yes, it was awful. It seemed that the whole floor was a building site and the room had not been used in years. It looks like refurbishment is on the cards!

I therefore agreed to go to Alanbat III. Upon arrival at reception I was presented with an invoice for a room rate of 70 JD/night. I argued I had agreed 55JD and presented him with my email confirmation. The guy on reception seemed a bit annoyed and if I had not brought written proof with me I dont think he would have backed down so be warned!

The room was very large with a king bed with newly (although poorly) fitted bathroom. Plenty of hot water. You could tell it was fairly new although the decor appears to be dated and something from the 1960/70s. TV with a range of channels working fine.

The hotel also has no facilities i.e restaurant/Turkish Bath etc but is within walking distance of the shops and resturants of Wadi Musa although these are hardly worthy of comment. Petra is within walking distance but is down a very steep hill and so after a day at Petra you are unlikely to have the energy to walk back up. I asked the hotel if they offered a shuttle service (as they did at Alanbat 1) but was told no so you have to rely on taxis.

Breakfast was a cheap middle eastern affair (bread, eggs, meats,tinned fruit salad etc) served in a dingy basement on plastic garden furniture. Not that great to be honest. Maybe this arrangement is only temporary?

Being April, nights were fairly cold. There is an air conditioning/heating unit in the room but I couldn;t seem to get the heating to work. I told reception about this and they just laughed when I said I was cold and did nothing about it.

The price I paid for a room was 55JD per night. I have re-read some of the reviews on tripadvisor since being back and I wonder whether they charge different rates according to what country you come from because I certainly do not find this good value. In my mind this is a 2 star budget hotel and I had a lot better across Egypt and Jordan for the money. However unfortunately it would appear that there really is little choice in Wadi Musa. You either pay for Movenpick/Crowne Plaza at hundreds of JD/night or are stuck with something like this. It was ok and in hindsight I think I preferred to stay in Alanbat III rather than be stuck out of town in Alanbat 1 but I certainly would not recommend it to someone.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 11, 2010

Our first trip to Jordan. Rented a car @ Queen Alia airport and drove the well marked desert highway (15) to Petra. Dense fog and rain, but found it in the dark as it's BEFORE Wadi Musa by a couple of km. Family Biz....son Khalid following in Dad's footsteps who built the main portion about 30 years ago and the annex about 10. Other persons comments on the heat are true. We were the ONLY Americans there, which is always fine by us. Polish, French and German tour groups were in, but never more than one per night and usually 30 or less people...and surprizingly, even though ashtrays are everywhere, smoking was never offensive in the dining area. Jordanian men BELIEVE in tobabacco from cigs, to pipes, to the hookah after dinner with applewood nuggets...that is in the room next to the lobby. The hamman was a fab deal, $JD 15 for complete experience including a 20 minute massage! Food better than expected, clean prepped and tasty. It is alchohol free. bu they don't care if you bring in a bottle and don't charge corkage. Their beverages are very reasonable and bottle water is cheap. Alanabat is a great place to get closer to Jordan, not yet another international brand . By the way, the Movenpick and Crown Plaza are amazingly located if that's more your style.

Date of stay: March 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Gary S
Reviewed April 6, 2010

What a study in contrasts! Stayed in this hotel for 2 nights while on a GAP tour of Egypt and Jordan. The curtains only opened to let in a tiny patch of sunlight, the bedhead fell off the bent nail with which it was attached to the wall when I shifted it in search of a powerpoint, the mattress was uneven, there was no shower screen or curtain so the tiny bathroom was soaked all over when I took a shower and what's more, there were stains on the floor which looked suspiciously like the previous occupant's urine...

BUT this hotel has the most magnificent Turkish bath for guests only. First you are sent to the hottest sauna ever, then you are called for a scrub down, then sent to the spa bath then you finish with a heavenly massage and tea. All for 15 dinar.

Perhaps the way to go is to insist on checking out the room management proposes to give you before putting your money down, as others in my group seemed to have better luck with their rooms and the Turkish baths are not to be missed!

Reviewed April 5, 2010

Al Anbat 1 is a great place to explore Petra. It's maybe 2 kilometers ourside of Wadi Musa, but they offer shuttles to the entrance of the archeological park. Most guests appeared to be in tour groups, so I don't think there's a real concern that the shuttle fills up and one has to wait long.

The rooms are very spacious and clean, as was the whole hotel. The food was good too, and there's a litle store right next door to get stocked up for excursions. They offer wireless internet, and fairly inexpensive international phone calls as well. While there is nothing particularly memorable about the hotel, I can't find any faults with it either.

I'd stay here again if I were to visit Petra a second time.

Date of stay: March 2010