“Fantastic place to stay, home away from home”
Review of Al Anbat Hotel 1

Al Anbat Hotel 1
Ranked #15 of 40 Hotels in Petra - Wadi Musa
Sydney, Australia
“Fantastic place to stay, home away from home”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was recommended Alanbat 2 and was initially going to stay there but to my good fortune the bus dropped me off here. Being the low season there weren't many people staying and I was treated like a king. Mr Odeh Nawafleh went out of his way to show me around Wadi Musa and where to eat. He even went out of his way to go to Wadi Rum with me. The hotel room was very comfortable and was well worth more than the low price I paid which included a massive breakfast. There is a Turkish bath on the 4th floor (Jacuzzi, steam room) which was so much cheaper than Turkish baths in Amman. I can highly recommend this hotel!!

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
6 Thank grave2776

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Klamath Falls
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Our family group of 5 (including a toddler and infant) arrived following an unusual early January snow storm and freeze and fortunately were not scared off by the barely plowed roads from Amman. Unfortunately, the water pipes had frozen and no hot water in our rooms, but aside from that issue, this is a nice place to stay. Our dinner was very good traditional Jordanian/Arab food. The staff was helpful and enthusiastic. Everyone loved that an American family with 2 small children had come to visit.

We ended up with 2 rooms that were comfortable and clean. If our arrival had not been so late (due to the snow and road conditions) we would have loved to take advantage of the on-site Turkish Baths. (They provide services for both men and women in separate areas). We had asked for a suite or adjoining rooms, which did not happen, but one of the rooms had a spectacular view of the valley. Next time it will be warm enough to use the balcony.

Dinner is not included, but was worth the price for fresh whole fish, a meat dish, rice, and lots of bread, hummus and more. Getting hooked on the breakfast (included) of more bread, hummus, mish-mish, strong hot tea or Nescafe, thin slices of lunch meats, and other stuff... is not a bad thing! Its good to load up on some calories before heading off to the wonders of Petra! Great hospitality and a clean and comfy place to stay. Next time we will visit the Baths!

Room Tip: Ask for a view room!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank fotini622
Slovenija
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I really enjoyed all that Alanbat has to offer. Personal is beyond great. Very helpful and friendly. All transfers I had were well organised and safe. Rooms so clean and beautiful with great, full Petra landscape, specially morning, view. Great breakfast and all Arabic food they offer. Swim in the refreshing pool which was a medicine in hot summer days indeed. And when meditating, Alanbat silence is pricless, just right away from noise and crowd. I just loved the Hammam. I belive it is one of the nicest I have seen in Jordan, modern arabic ethno ambient..It is all there on the right place in Alanbat and through their gate I had Grand Petra experience. Thank You, especially to Mr. Khaldon and Mr. Riad. I would definatelly stay there again.

Room Tip: Personal will give you the right room, no need to choose.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
8 Thank ManicaSlovenija
Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

I spent my first night in Jordan at the Alanbat 1, and it set the tone for a week of great Jordanian hospitality.

As a woman travelling alone, late in the evening, to meet friends already in Jordan, I was slightly apprehensive. So I phoned the Alanbat to book a room and asked them to send a driver to meet me at the airport (3h away). They were happy to oblige, charging no more than standard taxi rate (75jd, sounds a lot but it's a 6h round trip, and there are no scheduled buses from airport to anywhere except Amman).

I arrived at nearly midnight to a warm welcome at hotel reception and was shown to my room - which was huge (2 queen beds) and spotless (gleaming floor).

There was also a large balcony with tranquil view of verdant valley down to Petra - spectacular sunrise lit up the rocky mountain horizon in pink.

I took a morning dip in the small courtyard pool -nb unheated so not for faint-hearted, I got some surprised looks!

Breakfast room / restaurant area has panoramic views down to Petra. Good choice at breakfast buffet.

After a short wait at reception, free minibus shuttle took me and fellow tourists down to Petra visitor centre (c3k, less than 10 min drive). I didnt experience the minibus back as I stayed elsewhere in the evening but presumably it's a regular service and/or possible to pre-arrange time.

While Alanbat 1 is not in centre of Wadi Musa, its hilltop location is calm and views are great, and it's excellent value for money (just 25jd/night when I stayed).

• Stayed October 2012
7 Thank nicola_r_uk
Rome, Italy
Reviewed October 27, 2012

My wife and I were visiting Petra for the first time. We noticed that Al-Ambat Hotel 1 was a bit far away from Petra entrance, therefore we did appreciate their good offer: breakfast, dinner and transportation to/from Petra entrance included. Breakfast and Dinners were very good and rich; they provide transportation to and from the Petra entrance area; always willing to come and pick you up any time you want. When you arrive there ask of Mr. Khaldon, he is very kind, speaks English and can organize for you anything you need.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
9 Thank Andrea N
Denver, Colorado, United States
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We had 2 rooms, 5 of us total including a 2 yr old. My wife and I had never been to Petra and not only loved it - but found this family run hotel to be a perfect oasis after hiking around Petra. The Turkish bath is a life saver, the rooms are very comfortable. The view is fantastic from the patio area. The food at the Panorama restaurant is fantastic - be sure to ask for Obama when you sit down. I also highly, highly recommend Hani as a guide - he took us to Little Petra and the back way to the monastery..very knowledgeable, excellent english, and fantastic guy. Thanks again for your hospitality guys - Van Damme

Room Tip: Get a double - it has a balcony
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
11 Thank Chris M
Turin, Italy
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We decided to be back in petra an other day to stay in this beautiful and confortable hotel.
With a cheap price you get a 4 stars services.
We also had the Turkish bath... fantastic, you haven't to lose it!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple