“Does the job - I would stay here again”
Review of Valentine Inn

Valentine Inn
Dahab, Egypt
“Does the job - I would stay here again”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Only stayed the 1 night, shared a twin room. Room was basic and dated, well due a renovation. Hang on a minute. I stayed here to see a wonder of the world, I spent maybe 6 hours in my room of which 5 minutes I was awake. Bed was comfy and bug free

The evening buffet was a complete surprise having grown an expectation of basic bland slop - what was actually served was an amazing succulent fresh vast array of dishes. The chef is very talented.

Service is excellent and it's a good place to chat with other travellers. Free shuttle to/from entrance is handy. I found the owner to be nice and friendly and had a nice chat with him

One nag, A can of beer is 5JD(8 euro). But you can pick any lager 5%-13% for this :) I don't remember going to bed

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 23, 2012

This place was an amazing value. I stayed in a mixed dorm; I shared with real characters, different kinds of travellers from all over the world. The dorm had two en-suit bathrooms; they also offer a laundry service. They drop you off and pick you up from Petra, and quite knowledgeable about travels in Jordan, they help if you want to book day trips to Wadi Rum or cars to Amman etc. The best thing there is their dinner, honestly do not miss it! The chef is amazing, for only a few JD extra they offer an “all you can eat” buffet in the evening with at least 20 different dishes. I would stay there again, it’s a great value for money – Jordan and Petra is soo expensive, it was good to save some pennies there!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank avnire
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We were ready to stay in this place when we looked into other Tripadvisor reviews and to our horror we found terrible things like bed bugs and other disgusting reviews. I was shocked and I wanted to leave so I told the person behind the counter about it.

He then told me that they had been suffering from bad reviews and they invited us to check the cleanliness of the mattress (which of course I did to only find that it was clean!). He then invited us to check other empty room mattresses to confirm that the hostel was clean (invitation that I declined as I was satisfied with mine, nevertheless his openness was satisfying).

I invite everyone to check this great place to stay and to confirm that other negative reviews are from unfair competition from nearby hostels. Ahh... and you don't want to miss dinner. It is a buffet of great food, fresh, and delicious and GREAT VALUE! But don't take my word. We were not very sure so we went around to find the much more expensive prices of food for a regular dinner. I would definitively recommend to anyone to stay here, and if I am ever back to Petra, I definitively would!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

Great hotel for those on budget.

Helpful hotel staff and honest too. When I went to pay for room I insisted that the room was a certain price but staff pointed out that I was actually wrong and we had negotiated a lower price than what I had recalled.

I would stay here again! Great views too.

• Stayed September 2012
Milan, Italy
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Great atmosphere, people from all around the world come to visit Petra, and the best of them are staying in Valentine Inn.
Nice evening gathering around a shisha, the buffet of the hotel is very big, and the rooms are dormitories, but if the manager likes you, you will enjoy staying in this place, and sleeping on the roof is even better as nobody asks for it! :-)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Szczecin, Poland
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We have spent one night at this hotel and really enjoyed our stay.

We were travelling on a budget and met many backpackers in this hotel. The receptionist asked if we want to have a dinner (extra paid) - the best food I have ever eaten! So many dishes, we have felt like in big Arabic family.

We stayed in dormitory with 4 extra people, condition was quite good as well as price.

Beautiful view of Wadi Musa.

Another plus is free shuttle to Petra!

Our stay was in September 2006.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed August 26, 2012

As we got off the mini van from Aqaba, the Valentine staff was there to hustle business. It was slightly uphill from the traffic circle of town. They had two drop offs per morning and two pick ups at 5 and 6 p.m. from the Petra entrance gate at no charge. Admission was a whopping 50 dinar (more than Disneyland) for the first day. Additional days were only 5 dinars more though.

My private room and bath only had a fan which was adequate. The laundry service was 2.5 dinars per kilogram and the same female was always cleaning and cooked the vegetarian buffet dinner for 5 dinars after Iftar. A ride to Amman was another 5 dinars and Wadi Musa was tout free from the flexible pricing system in Petra itself.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo