“So lucky we found this place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Peace Way Hotel

Peace Way Hotel
Peace Way Hotel
Muskoka District, Canada
“So lucky we found this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

We had reserved elsewhere but they tried to change the price on arrival so we decided to walk the strip checking rates and found this gem. This place can't be best in terms of value when you consider breakfast is actually great (eggs!). The receptionist (owner?) It's amazingly nice and actually called and bargained for us when we needed help booking hotels in amman and he knows all the bus info. The rooms are mediocre but standard for Jordan, but trust me the warm atmosphere makes this place worth while. Don't walk down to petra, ignore taxis and flag down any truck and they'll give you a free lift guaranteed. The walk is bearable but kinda boring.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

The location is acceptable. About 1 mile from the entrance of Petra. The owner provided us with transportation which was very kind from him. He was the nicest guy I met in that trip. Always willing to help and provide helpful information. Really he does a good job.
The price was good, we payed around 9 US each in a four bed room. Where can you find a room with 4 beds? Only here I guess. The room was clean but a bit old. Not smelly, only fan, not really hot water, and complimentary wifi and breakfast.
I would stay here again for one reason. I FELT SAFE! Which is an amenity that is not easy to find in middle east low budget hotels.
Try the local kebab place that is down the street and there is a minimarket and atm next to the hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Utila, Islas de la Bahia, Honduras
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We stayed here recently while visiting Petra and were very pleased! A good location, very clean, a very solid wifi connection available, but most important is the friendly and accommodating staff. The man at the front desk spoke perfect english and was very helpful. He paid for a taxi for us to Petra (included in the cost of the room), held our bags all day for no extra charge, let us hang around and use the internet until our bus left town, and even called to confirm when our bus left and make us a reservation. Also he never attempted to sell us an "extra tour" or send us with his "brother the taxi driver" or any of the other traditional hassles we've found to be all too common at most hotels. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone who is looking for an affordable and comfortable stay while visiting Petra.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Miskolc, Miskolc, Hungary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here because my travel mate booked a room here. For 17 dinars I had a basic room. The hotel was almost empty. I don't understand why, because it has good location,offers proper breakfast and free wifi. Receptionist's attitude is more than OK.

• Stayed June 2013
Ramat Gan, Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I've been staying here with my buddy's last month. Great place to stay in for young backpackers who wish to see petra.
The hotel is clean and easy to find in Wadi Musa. the service was great, the hotel manger who's the recpetion as well was very kind and treat us very nice. the hotel imself locketed not that far from petra, some resturants around and a change place. the hotel is not expensive att all and for what you get is a great price! enjoy your stay!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2010

My opinion on this hotel is god awful. I would not say its a hotel more like a hostel. The hotel is right on the main street and so arriving at 1am in the morning, I had to open my windows as it was hot but the noise from the street and 5 guys sitting outside on the road talking, I did not get any sleep. Bathroom was ok, bed was comfy but no top sheet, just the duvet and heaven knows what had been lying on that. Morning and my breakfast was included in my rate of $17.45 a night and was just a few pieces of pita bread slices, turkish coffee and a small tub of jam and cheese, not enough to fill you up when your going to be walking into Petra and climbing steps to the monastery. After my first day in Petra decided to see how much rooms were at the Crowne Plaza and yes they were a little more expensive but believe me I would have paid $500 a night. When I got back to my room at the Peaceway you could hear the TV from the other room. The wardrobe didn't have the bar to put coat hangers on so no hanging clothes up, tv was ok. I loved Wadi Musa and Petra and would recommend anyone thinking of going but do not stay at the Peaceway Hotel, there has to be other nice, cleaner hotels closer to the entrance to Petra.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank vineyardhaven

Travelers are raving about these Petra - Wadi Musa hotels

long beach
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2010

We only stayed at this hotel one night and then moved to another hotel, although the second hotel was not much better. This hotel is cheap, which is a fine, but our toilet leaked on the floor and the lights didn't work all the time--they kept turning on and off. The heat didn't work and it was cold. Also, there was a cigarette smoke smell everywhere in the hotel, although this is very common in Jordan. The staff was very friendly and they let us use their computer for free, which was nice. The hotel is at the top of town so it's a long walk back after going to Petra. Taxies overcharge at the end of the day to get back into town.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple