Beit Zaman
Movenpick Resort Petra(Petra - Wadi Musa)
$1,806
Petra Guest house Hotel(Petra - Wadi Musa)
$169
Sharah Mountains Hotel(Petra - Wadi Musa)
$56
La Maison Hotel Petra(Petra - Wadi Musa)
$63
Petra Marriott Hotel(Petra - Wadi Musa)
$162
  • Pool
Seven Wonders Hotel(Petra - Wadi Musa)
$113
$66
  • Pool
Al Rashid Hotel(Petra - Wadi Musa)(Great Value!)
$60
Petra by Night Hotel(Petra - Wadi Musa)(Great Value!)
$141
$42
My Home Hotel- Petra(Petra - Wadi Musa)(Great Value!)
Tetra Tree Hotel(Petra - Wadi Musa)(Great Value!)
$67
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Very nice spacious rooms, very clean. Breakfast very basic. Not too many options for dinner. Nice view from hotel restaurant.
Quite far from town (it's not walking distance). No internet in room, just in reception and restaurant.
Not too many options for evening.

Room Tip: Very peaceful and quiet hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Set on a hill, Beit Zaman has been created from an old stone village. It is quaint and adequate but not really that much more. Our room was built on a terrace, was quite large and looked out to the south-east. [Room 301] At night the lights of the town across the valley were very pretty. On a previous stay about 18mths ago, our room was much smaller and clearly part of the original village with its narrow cobbled streets. There is a safe, tea and coffee room facilities, TV etc The water is not potable. There is no in-room directory to detail facilities. I did not find the room numbering to be intuitive. The keys to the room are a challenge. On at least three different occasions, members of our group had to call for assistance with their door lock. The heated in-door pool is a haven after a visit to hot and dusty, though very beautiful, Petra. The food was not to my liking. The fresh omelette made to choice each morning was great but everything else was very ordinary. Water is not provided on the tables. You have to buy a bottle along with any other drinks. I did not enjoy the local wine – a Sauvignon Blanc Chardonnay blend that was “oily”. Not at all moreish! Overall the hotel is spacious, clean and friendly.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 8, 2014

I loved our all too short stay here. To know that this complex was at one time a village. Beautiful restoration job! It was fun trying to remember where our room was, due to all the winding lanes in the complex. I imagine the rooms were decorated in keeping with theme of what the villagers might have had in their homes....large rooms, clean, brightly coloured and just enough furniture to make the room comfortable. I loved the huge wooden doors and the unusual keys. Friendly staff, always helpful. So delightful to go for stroll after dark as the walks were lite up with patio lights. Could be so romantic. A very nice change from the high rise hotels.. walking outside at ground level, from one suite to another. Enjoyed the unique shops. I would highly recommend a stop here for anyone in the area. I wished we could have stayed much longer.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 25, 2014

The layout of this hotel is certainly unique - many stone cottages joined together at the navel wandering over the hilly property. It does provide a bit more privacy than the ordinary hotel and makes finding your room on first entry "interesting." I had wished the hotel were closer to Petra, but it's sort of by itself in the hills above Petra.

The rooms were large, but a bit "cold" ambience-wise. They were large and certainly adequate, but the bath had more mold around the tub than I would have preferred.

The meals in the restaurant were good - typical tour bus buffet arrangement. Good selection of meals items well prepared.I can't report on the hotel's value, because it was part of a tour package we were on, but I didn't see too many choices in Petra I would have preferred.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 22, 2014

This hotel in Petra was booked for us, as we were travelling as part of a large group, and I couldn't be happier with this hotel choice. As soon as we got off our bus I was enthralled. The hotel was actually a village, so the complex is spread out nicely with paved paths leading through gardens to guest rooms. It was a refreshing change to the high rise hotels. The buildings have been made from thick stone from the area and the whole complex exudes character. You have to walk outside to get from your room to the other parts of the hotel, so you get to breathe in the fresh air, look at the stars at night, see the magnificent vista before you, you get to slow down and appreciate this part of the world. If you are visiting Petra, this hotel for me, was the perfect extension to the wonders of Petra. The hotel is situated on top of a ridge and the views across the valley are absolutely beautiful. Get up at sunrise and you will see the light play on the mountains in front of you.
My room was huge and it was more like a suite. The bedroom was in a separate area with an arched entry way. There was a lounge room, big enough to invite friends over for a drink before dinner. The bathroom was also spacious, with lovely bath products. The walls of the guest rooms are very thick, made from stone, so the temperature inside remains cool. The interior is tastefully decorated and you do get the feeling that you are a guest in what once was a village, it really was special. There are no swipe keys here. Each guest room has a wooden door, and a big old fashioned key to open it. Some guests did find the door and key a little hard to open, but the trick is to turn the key slowly.
After a full day exploring the wonders of Petra, I can't begin to tell you what a welcome relief it was to swim in the large undercover heated pool at the hotel. It was pure bliss.
Internet is available at Reception, and there are comfortable lounges there. You can also pick up wifi in some areas in the dining room. The walls are too thick for wifi in your room.
Please be aware that Petra is almost in the middle of nowhere. So you are not going to get your huge buffet breakfast spread here. The wait staff, who are extremely polite and attentive, told me that the food is sourced locally. So what is on offer is seasonal and fresh. You can get your eggs cooked exactly how you want them, and what is on offer is plentiful, you won't starve.
There is also a shop at the front of the complex, with a lovely selection of items to take home. The prices are comparable if not a little cheaper than the souvenir shops in town. The owner of the store is very helpful, courteous and not pushy. You can browse without getting hassled, which was also very much appreciated.
One night whilst walking to dinner, I got a little worried as I heard what sounded like gun shots in the distance. I asked the staff about this. They grinned from ear to ear and told me that this was a wedding. The wedding guests then let off fireworks ( and guns ) for prosperity. It is a tradition. Good to know.
Other reviewers have stated that Beit Zaman is not 5 star, but what it is, is a unique and charming hotel, which offers it's guest the unique experience of staying at a beautiful location that was once a village.
Staying here was an amazing experience that will compliment your visit into ancient Petra. I am so happy we stayed here, I wish our group had more than two nights. I will just have to come back again. Thank you to all the staff for making our time in Petra so wonderful.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends