Just stayed 2 nights at the Petra Marriott Hotel and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. The rooms we had were beautiful and large. We needed adjoining rooms with an internal door and got upgraded without cost to accommodate. Location is out of town so count on taxis or car. My only problem is ( but I suspect this is a problem at all hotels in Jordan as we experienced the same at Dead Sea Marriott) is that there are few to no women working in the hotel. It was quite creepy for us women guests ( particularly in the Spa!!!) and I hope over time Jordan addresses this problem because it stopped us women from spending more money in the spa at Dead Sea and having the dinner buffet more than once at Marriott Petra. A waiter at the Petra Marriott dinner buffet asked if he could take our 14 year old daughter as his little sister and provide her with gold coins and goats. I kid you not and it went in for a good 20 minutes with us uncomfortably humouring him. Women definitely needed to equalise unacceptable behaviour. Petra was great though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Most renowned for its breathtaking views and sunsets, the Petra Marriott Hotel is located uphill, overlooking the surrounding Petra Mountains and landscape. All 100 rooms are newly renovated, with state-of-the-art furniture and decor. They are equipped with flat TVs, Cable TV Channels, Safe Box, Mini Bar, Free Coffee & Tea Making Facilities, and Iron and Iron Boards. Most rooms have beautiful mountain views. The bathrooms feature shower boxes with both regular and rain showers, and hair dryers. The Dushara is the main dining and newly renovated restaurant, serving a big selection of international buffet choices, or A La Carte menu. L'Affresco is the Italian restaurant open for dinner, offering a wide array of freshly prepared salads, antipasti, and wood oven pizzas. The Aretas & Lobby Lounge and Bar serve hot and cold beverages and snacks, with special promotions for the Sunset Hours. Both the Aretas and L'Affresco are located adjacent to the Lobby, and overlook the panoramic views. Free Wi-Fi internet is available for hotel guests in the Lobby and Public Areas. The Loofah Turkish Bath has a steam and sauna, along with its Turkish Hammam experience, in addition to a menu of other treatments. The Outdoor Pool and Pool Bar are seasonal, and the area with its tranquil location offers a unique view of the surrounding mountains. The Atagartis main meeting room can also be divided into two smaller rooms, hosting meetings and events, with natural daylight, while the windows and terraces face the Petra Mountains. The Hotel is a 10-minute drive from the Petra Archeological Site, and transport is easily arranged. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Marriott, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Petra Marriott Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Hotel Petra
- Marriott Petra / Wadi Musa
- Petra / Wadi Musa Marriott
- Petra Marriott Hotel Jordan/Petra - Wadi Musa