My room was nice with the beautiful Petra view including Aaron's tomb. Wish I could have tried the pool, but time was short and it was difficult to access from my room. Looked like a nice setting.
Service was good and food was among the better options of the dozens of buffets during our trip. Wifi in the lobby worked fairly well; did need help accessing it a couple times, so there are hiccups.
Awful wine and mediocre bar, but that seems standard.
I don't recommend the spa experience. They offered our group half price, which was encouraging. But the service I chose wasn't available and I didn't learn this until it was starting. (Was supposed to be "four hands" - a man and a woman. And the price remained the same for the "two hands." So much for half price.)
And I had a male therapist, which I have never had a problem with anywhere in the world until this. It was somewhat inappropriate, and I wasn't the only one who felt that way, without offering too much detail. I'm also pretty sure he wasn't professionally trained.
I strongly suggest skipping the spa. I would have reported it but had the distinct impression management would have ignored it, so why go through something that upsetting? This seems to right place to extend that caveat.
But otherwise, it was a pleasant experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Most renowned for its breathtaking views and sunsets, the Petra Marriott Hotel is located uphill, overlooking the surrounding Petra Mountains and landscape. All 100 rooms are newly renovated, with state-of-the-art furniture and decor. They are equipped with flat TVs, Cable TV Channels, Safe Box, Mini Bar, Free Coffee & Tea Making Facilities, and Iron and Iron Boards. Most rooms have beautiful mountain views. The bathrooms feature shower boxes with both regular and rain showers, and hair dryers. The Dushara is the main dining and newly renovated restaurant, serving a big selection of international buffet choices, or A La Carte menu. L'Affresco is the Italian restaurant open for dinner, offering a wide array of freshly prepared salads, antipasti, and wood oven pizzas. The Aretas & Lobby Lounge and Bar serve hot and cold beverages and snacks, with special promotions for the Sunset Hours. Both the Aretas and L'Affresco are located adjacent to the Lobby, and overlook the panoramic views. Free Wi-Fi internet is available for hotel guests in the Lobby and Public Areas. The Loofah Turkish Bath has a steam and sauna, along with its Turkish Hammam experience, in addition to a menu of other treatments. The Outdoor Pool and Pool Bar are seasonal, and the area with its tranquil location offers a unique view of the surrounding mountains. The Atagartis main meeting room can also be divided into two smaller rooms, hosting meetings and events, with natural daylight, while the windows and terraces face the Petra Mountains. The Hotel is a 10-minute drive from the Petra Archeological Site, and transport is easily arranged. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Marriott, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your Petra Marriott Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Hotel Petra
- Marriott Petra / Wadi Musa
- Petra / Wadi Musa Marriott
- Petra Marriott Hotel Jordan/Petra - Wadi Musa