Spent two nights here on Gate1 tour. Check-in was efficient. Two different buildings. Location is removed from town, so long walk or expensive taxi ride are only options. Nice pool area. Pool deck and restaurants overlook beautiful valley providing gorgeous sunset vistas.
Checked in to Room #313, a king bed. Screen on one window ripped. Reported to maintenance and it was replaced within 30 minutes. Room was spacious and well-appointed. Standard Marriott-could have been in any Marriott hotel room (consistent). Kettle for tea/coffee although didn't know until morning the coffee was only decaf (the horror!) but was replaced with regular for second morning. Bathrobes and wash cloths available upon request. Nice Dead Sea bath amenities and hair dryer, plus make-up mirror.
Free wifi (up to three hours) available in lobby lounge, but you also have to deal with smokers. There are several marked "smoking areas" but when they're full smokers will occupy any seats. This was unfortunate and my only complaint about the hotel facilities.
Breakfast variety was vast and varied, with different hit and cold selections daily, including foul and oatmeal. lots of breads. delicious and filling. Restaurant staff were brusque and sometimes pushy/rude, but probably are tired of dealing with groups.
Bathroom looked modern and classy at first glance, but then noticed construction was poor quality. Shower door handle loose (missing nut), no square corners, toilet paper holder in inconvenient location, caulk lines sloppy.
If visiting Petra with group I would stay here again. If visiting on my own I would stay downtown for more dining options.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Most renowned for its breathtaking views and sunsets, the Petra Marriott Hotel is located uphill, overlooking the surrounding Petra Mountains and landscape. All 100 rooms are newly renovated, with state-of-the-art furniture and decor. They are equipped with flat TVs, Cable TV Channels, Safe Box, Mini Bar, Free Coffee & Tea Making Facilities, and Iron and Iron Boards. Most rooms have beautiful mountain views. The bathrooms feature shower boxes with both regular and rain showers, and hair dryers. The Dushara is the main dining and newly renovated restaurant, serving a big selection of international buffet choices, or A La Carte menu. L'Affresco is the Italian restaurant open for dinner, offering a wide array of freshly prepared salads, antipasti, and wood oven pizzas. The Aretas & Lobby Lounge and Bar serve hot and cold beverages and snacks, with special promotions for the Sunset Hours. Both the Aretas and L'Affresco are located adjacent to the Lobby, and overlook the panoramic views. Free Wi-Fi internet is available for hotel guests in the Lobby and Public Areas. The Loofah Turkish Bath has a steam and sauna, along with its Turkish Hammam experience, in addition to a menu of other treatments. The Outdoor Pool and Pool Bar are seasonal, and the area with its tranquil location offers a unique view of the surrounding mountains. The Atagartis main meeting room can also be divided into two smaller rooms, hosting meetings and events, with natural daylight, while the windows and terraces face the Petra Mountains. The Hotel is a 10-minute drive from the Petra Archeological Site, and transport is easily arranged. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Petra Marriott Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Hotel Petra
- Marriott Petra / Wadi Musa
- Petra / Wadi Musa Marriott
- Petra Marriott Hotel Jordan/Petra - Wadi Musa