We had a wonderful stay at this hotel and thought its location was superb - watching the sunset over the Wadi Musa was beautiful and peaceful, a great end to the day. We really enjoyed spending time in the Bedouin tent and looking out at the mountains - gorgeous! It's quite an experience having tea in the tent - although it was a bit pricey! Our room was gorgeous and comfortable, and we had a fantastic view of the mountains. The pool looked enticing, although we didn't go in. The food was excellent (breakfast was included), lots of selection for breakfast and dinner, the view - again - was amazing morning and evening from the dining room. The staff were very friendly, efficient and helpful. They cleaned our leather shoes for free after our day of walking through Petra.
Make sure you go to the spa - really good prices, compared to North America, for what you get. I had a dead sea mud wrap and then a massage - it was fantastic! You can't be this close to the dead sea and not put some of that mud on your body - if feels amazing! I thought this hotel was worth every penny, just for the view alone, as well as the fact it is a bit out of town so no crowds. Throw in the Bedouin tent and opportunity for a great massage after walking for 10 hours and this hotel is perfection.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Most renowned for its breathtaking views and sunsets, the Petra Marriott Hotel is located uphill, overlooking the surrounding Petra Mountains and landscape. All 100 rooms are newly renovated, with state-of-the-art furniture and decor. They are equipped with flat TVs, Cable TV Channels, Safe Box, Mini Bar, Free Coffee & Tea Making Facilities, and Iron and Iron Boards. Most rooms have beautiful mountain views. The bathrooms feature shower boxes with both regular and rain showers, and hair dryers. The Dushara is the main dining and newly renovated restaurant, serving a big selection of international buffet choices, or A La Carte menu. L'Affresco is the Italian restaurant open for dinner, offering a wide array of freshly prepared salads, antipasti, and wood oven pizzas. The Aretas & Lobby Lounge and Bar serve hot and cold beverages and snacks, with special promotions for the Sunset Hours. Both the Aretas and L'Affresco are located adjacent to the Lobby, and overlook the panoramic views. Free Wi-Fi internet is available for hotel guests in the Lobby and Public Areas. The Loofah Turkish Bath has a steam and sauna, along with its Turkish Hammam experience, in addition to a menu of other treatments. The Outdoor Pool and Pool Bar are seasonal, and the area with its tranquil location offers a unique view of the surrounding mountains. The Atagartis main meeting room can also be divided into two smaller rooms, hosting meetings and events, with natural daylight, while the windows and terraces face the Petra Mountains. The Hotel is a 10-minute drive from the Petra Archeological Site, and transport is easily arranged. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Marriott, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Petra Marriott Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Hotel Petra
- Marriott Petra / Wadi Musa
- Petra / Wadi Musa Marriott
- Petra Marriott Hotel Jordan/Petra - Wadi Musa