There is no doubt this hotel has the best location in Petra for visiting the ancient village. If you're lucky you will be given rooms in the main block with views of the amazing mountain formations. We were on the other side which was OK but not quite so nice. The rooms are average size and a bit tired including the TV! Despite this the room was comfortable and clean. We were in the 'package tour' restaurant with crammed seating. The food was very good but the staff and service were only average. Although the main town is over a kilometre away there are some shops and services nearby and the main gate to Petra itself is within easy walking distance. This is important as you don't need to use the coach/car to get to the gate and after a walk of many kilometeres the convenience is welcome. The outdoor swimming pool is quite nice and heated well. The only hotel lift is quite ancient and may give you a few unplanned trips! Although the food is good, the wine is quite pricey for a 4 star hotel.
In summary this hotel is comfortable and convenient which is really all that matters for a great day or more visit to the amazing Petra. I would, however, not recommend the Petra by Night experience. It is just not worth the distance to see it and was very disappointing
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Closed for renovations. Set against a breathtaking view of Petra mountains lays the Crowne Plaza Resort Petra. Besides the unique view provided from the hotel's patio of the dramatic Petra Mountains, the Crowne Plaza Resort Petra is only steps away from the visitor's entrance to the siq and the old city with its world famous archaeological sites. Crowne Plaza Resort Petra offers 147 rooms including 3 suites and 30 superior rooms. 31 hillside chalets tucked into the Petra rock face overlooking the visitor's entrance the site. Facilities include: Heated outdoor swimming pool and 3 Restaurants, lobby bar, evening cocktail lounge with dance floor, conference room, 2000 year old 'Nabatean Tomb' the Cave Bar is fronted with a large piazza ideal for groups and incentive gatherings with space to cater for up to 200 guests are some of our services, dining & entertainments. Don't miss out visiting The Basin Restaurant in the old city with its exceptional settings for lunch. Outside catering can be arranged by our staff in a variety of unique locations outside the hotel, and local entertainment will bring traditional flavor to your event. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Crowne Plaza Resort Petra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Resort Petra Hotel Petra / Wadi Musa
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Petra
- Crowne Plaza Resort Petra Jordan/Petra - Wadi Musa