Do. Not. Stay. Here.
Holy crap this hotel is a trip. What a time warp. This hotel was the first hotel in Petra and it has not been touched, remodeled, etc. since then. Absolutely strange. So we ended up here after the hotel we originally booked was oversold and they "upgraded" us here. Five star hotel?? Not even in a third world country. We saw two different rooms both had twin beds (?!) with something my husband swears was a radio between them. When were radios ever that big and have a light switch on them?? Beyond that, the rooms were filthy and reeked of smoke. Yes, they say hotel is non-smoking but that's only been for a few years and if you haven't changed the carpeting, or furniture or painted...you get the picture. There was hair in all four of the beds and all over the disgusting bathrooms. And to whoever said this is THE hotel because of location must have missed the Movenpick across the street that is equally as close to the entrance. That is where we moved to and were very happy with it. Do yourself a favor and save yourself trouble- just book the Movenpick.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Closed for renovations. Set against a breathtaking view of Petra mountains lays the Crowne Plaza Resort Petra. Besides the unique view provided from the hotel's patio of the dramatic Petra Mountains, the Crowne Plaza Resort Petra is only steps away from the visitor's entrance to the siq and the old city with its world famous archaeological sites. Crowne Plaza Resort Petra offers 147 rooms including 3 suites and 30 superior rooms. 31 hillside chalets tucked into the Petra rock face overlooking the visitor's entrance the site. Facilities include: Heated outdoor swimming pool and 3 Restaurants, lobby bar, evening cocktail lounge with dance floor, conference room, 2000 year old 'Nabatean Tomb' the Cave Bar is fronted with a large piazza ideal for groups and incentive gatherings with space to cater for up to 200 guests are some of our services, dining & entertainments. Don't miss out visiting The Basin Restaurant in the old city with its exceptional settings for lunch. Outside catering can be arranged by our staff in a variety of unique locations outside the hotel, and local entertainment will bring traditional flavor to your event. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, IHG, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Crowne Plaza Resort Petra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Resort Petra Hotel Petra / Wadi Musa
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Petra
- Crowne Plaza Resort Petra Jordan/Petra - Wadi Musa