“Excellent!!!!”

Deretna My Mom Recipe
Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: My Mom Recipe Restaurant is specialized in traditional Jordanian food, located in the tourist area of Petra opposite to the Silk Road hotel
Reviewed March 19, 2014

While visiting Petra, this is THE place to eat. After almost a week in Jordan my wife and I had a reasonably good feeling as to what's excellent traditional Jordanian food and what's not. Deeritna definitely has it. We ate 2 nights at the restaurant and feasted on the superb Mezze (appetizers), Maqluba (upside down chicken or lamb with rice - we had lamb) one night, and Mansaf (lamb in fermented yoghurt sauce and rice) the next. Hisham Sharaf, (owner, host and cook), eagerly explained how to replicate the dishes at home. First thing we did after our second dinner was get to get the needed spices at a spice store, just a short walk from the restaurant :). Prices are decent for Jordanian standards, especially given the location. It definitely is one of the better restaurants in Jordan.

1  Thank Henk G

Reviewed March 2, 2014

My husband I enjoyed some amazing delicious Jordanian traditional food at this restaurant. It is cheap, the food is the best, it is clean and you get to experience the real heart of Jordan through their love of food. The staff are efficient and so friendly. This is a place worth noting on your visit to Petra. It is not on the main street and the only way we found it was through a request to our guide that we needed to try traditional Jordanian food. We were not disappointed.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

The setting of this restaurant is like a Bedouin Tent. Included with our meal were 4 substantial size mezze appetizers - baba ganoush, hummus, etc. The very friendly owner was really trying to sell most of the customers that evening on the special which was Mansaf - a typical lamb and rice dish. There was one table that opted not to go with it, but we did and it was excellent (even though at home we typically dont' eat meat). Really friendly service and great atmosphere. Someone at another really added to the evning when he broke out a hand drum and started playing a typical middle eastern beat. Too cool!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I was dining alone as it was quite early, but then car loads of locals arrived which is always a good sign. The vegetarian choice was limited but I enjoyed galayah which was served with salad, pitta bread, pickled veg and olives. Prices seemed reasonable as Jordan, apart from falafels, isn't as cheap as you would expect.

1  Thank cambridge37
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Our guide suggested this restaurant for local cuisine that was well priced and within 2 minutes walking distance from our hotel at Petra Moon.
We started with the mezze salad which I loved, all fresh and delicious tasting with the best lemon and mint drink I've had since I've been here. our mains were the special of the day, delicious sharwma with chicken. Great service from super friendly staff who were so Accomodating to us while they hadn't eaten a thing for the day as it was Ramadan!

Good value for money at a clean, friendly restaurant within walking distance of Petra main gates.