All reviewsfree tea and coffeebedouin stylepack a lunchtop floortraditional breakfasthot waterhomely hotelgreat budget hotelvisiting petrawadi rumpacked lunchseven wonders bedouin camproof terracemorning and eveningoverlooking petrahummusrooms are basic
Reviewed June 23, 2013

This hotel is a great value considering the other options in Petra. The rooftop has an excellent view (as did our room), and the breakfast is great. The owner is very friendly and helpful (though the other staffer we interacted with was rather off-putting), and there is parking if you have a car. If you do not have a car, this might be a difficult location to traverse on foot as the hotel is at the top of the hill and quite far from Petra. (I think they have a shuttle for Petra, but then you are stuck on their schedule.) Rooms are fairly basic and smell a bit like new paint, but still a great place to sleep.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tcldenver
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I'll be honest, when we arrived I wasn't sold on the place. We were taken to our room, which was of a good size and decent enough. When we asked for a dinner suggestion we were told about a place a 15 minute walk down the hill (even though they were suppose to have a restaurant).

The next morning we met Jane - and that made all the difference. Jane is the owner, and is the nicest lady you will ever meet. I asked her about dinner and she told me they use to have a buffet every night, but with tourism down so much due to Syrian's issues, and it being low season, they did not have dinner every night, but she would be happy to make dinner for us. We ended up eating here 3 nights and the food was amazing every night! The pick up and drop off's at Petra worked smoothly (If you have to wait a few minutes get some Movenpick ice cream - it's great!).

The hospitality was amazing - far beyond what is expected! I truly felt like I was staying with a friend more so than staying in a hotel. While the place is far away from Petra, we had no problems getting a Taxi for 3 JD, and the views from the terrace are amazing at sunset.

I would highly suggest staying here! (However, do not do laundry here! It's VERY expensive - no their fault, but water is at a premium in the desert).

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank brandasa
Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a trip to petra. The owner is very helpful and gave good tips on making the trip to petra as good as can be. The hotel rooms are quite basic but they are clean and comfy. The best thing about this hotel is the hospitality.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed June 9, 2013

This hotel has clean comfortable rooms but the draw card is the enclosed rooftop terrace with cushions and lounges, a balcony and a beautiful view over the desert city. The owners have their finger on the local pulse and can offer information. The traditional breakfast is the best I've had in Jordan and was included but you will need to give notice for dinner if you want it. This felt like the kind of place I could sit and write for weeks.

Low season prices are available for some things like taxi transfers so I would search for these outside of the hotel. All in all a very comfortable stay.

Room Tip: Rooms near reception have fast wifi, others have none
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Really pleased with our stay at this small friendly hotel. Lovely lady owner (Jane) who goes out of her way to make your stay enjoyable. Rooms are basic but you dont go to Jordan to spend much time inside!. There is a great terrace and a rooftop diner with amazing views over Petra.(Sunsets/sunrises are spectacular). We did not have a evening meal during our stay but the breakfasts were delicious! Omelettes cooked to your liking.
This hotel is great value for money and a perfect base for exploring Petra.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the first floor at the rear of the hotel and enjoy the spectacular vista.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple