First of all let's remember that we are speaking not about the hotel but about B&B. And this B&B is not expensive at all. By my own experience the hotels in Wadi Musa are approximately 1.5 times more expensive comparing to Amman so I would even treat this B&B as cheap one. So if you're on tight budget than this place is probably suits you.
Just imagine that you'll have:
1) Great hospitality of the staff. The host is always ready to help you with advice if you're green novice and/or you're first time in Wadi Musa.
2) Cleanliness in the rooms and in the property.
3) Nice view from your room if you lucky enough to get one of the three rooms with the view
4) Free wireless internet in the lobby.
5) Tea provided in the lobby free of charge all day long.
Isn't that great?
Then imagine that you'll have also:
1) Nice terrace to seat and look over the valley like you might see on the hotel photos. Oops, sorry, the terrace is under deep construction now.
2) Chinks in window frames which helps to lower in-room temperature to the outer values. This is especially useful when it is about 7 degrees Celcius outside. The owner provides heaters but in winter season only. April is not winter for sure so no heater. Oh, also there is air conditioning system with heat capability but... You guessed already - it works only in summer.
3) Partial water availability - water is promised on evenings and mornings. But in reality it is not obvious that you'll have it when promised. Furthermore don't think we're speaking about hot water - we're speaking about cold water as well. Oh God, this was the only place in my life I stayed in where I had to preserve some water to be sure I'll able to brush my teeth next morning!
4) Good placement of the toilet in your bathroom - it is placed just in the middle of the room so you have a choice which side to take when you want to go to the shower which is right behind it. Also the toilet seat is not firmly secured so prepare to use all your acrobatic skills while using it.
I think it's enough to decide is this hotel for you or not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Under new management (Atef and Jane from Seven Wonders Bedouin Camp), the Rocky Mountain Hotel is an informal and basic family run hotel very close to the town center and offers its guests spectacular views. There is a free shuttle service to the Petra Visitors Centre and free Wi-Fi. Traditional breakfast is included in the price of the room and dinner is available at night on the arabic style rooftop terrace. Snacks are available during the day and lunch boxes need to be ordered the night before. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, HostelWorld, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Rocky Mountain Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rocky Mountain Hotel Jordan/Petra - Wadi Musa