All reviewsfree tea and coffeebedouin stylepack a lunchtop floortraditional breakfasthot waterhomely hotelgreat budget hotelvisiting petrawadi rumpacked lunchseven wonders bedouin camproof terracemorning and eveningoverlooking petrahummusrooms are basic
Reviewed November 11, 2011

My teenage sister and I just came from a chilly night at the Wadi Rum desert and were looking forward to a hot shower and a warm place to stay in. The place didn't disappoint us one bit. Our room was clean and had a fantastic view. Jane was welcoming and accomodating - the atmosphere was very homey. We especially enjoyed the traditional breakfast in the morning. Great stay!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Friendly and helpful staff! Clean and comfortable room! I like the homey feel during breakfast with great coffee. The terrace offers a good view of the Wadi Musa town and a beautiful sunset over the mountains of Petra.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 24, 2011

We received a fantastic welcome from Jane upon arrival for our three night stay and nothing was too much trouble. We were served Bedouin tea on the terrace, which has an amazing view over the mountains. The rooms and bathrooms (and also the rest of the hotel) were immaculately clean. The hotel is approximately a 30 minute walk to the Petra visitor centre but Jane or Atef can drop you off in the morning and pick you up in the evening. On our first night there we wandered into town to get some food and Jane offered to pick us up later in the evening if we couldn't face the walk back up the hill. They will also collect you from the bus station when you arrive if necessary. A transfer to Wadi Rum was organised for us at a reasonable price with no problem. Freshly cooked scrambled eggs for breakfast with bread and jam/hoummus/cream cheese and oil and herbs kept us going for our long hikes around Petra. The Rocky Mountain Hotel is excellent value for money, I highly recommend.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2011

We stayed in the Rocky Mountain Hotel during our stay in Petra. It was a very pleasant stay. Especially the people at the hotel were great and very helpfull when we experienced problems with our car and the rental company. Also the relaxed atmosphere and the nice breakfast were great. We really enjoyed the stay!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2011

I booked Rocky Mountain Hotel based on reviews on tripadvisor. Initially difficult to find contact info or website (I don't think they have a website) I saw in a previous review that it is owned and run by Jane & Atef, who run Seven Wonders Bedouin Camp in Little Petra - so I found that website and contacted them from there. Anyone is welcome to send me a message and I will forward you the contact info as not allowed to post it on here.

I cannot recommend this little hotel enough. It was lovely, welcoming atmosphere with Jane at the desk and answering all queries, arranging for transport etc. Atef popped in from time to time and drove guests to Petra entrance etc but he is apparently mainly looking after the camp.

My only downside about the hotel, and in fact it was a big disappointment for me, was that I was placed in an internal room. i had booked the hotel looking forward to the amazing views i would have over the valley, and also when i was driving into Wadi Musa in the evening and saw all the lights of the town, I couldn't wait to settle and relax in my room after a long day's journey. However, I was shown to the only internal room in the hotel - and Jane was apologetic about it, and said this was because I had been the last person to book for that particular night in question. Indeed the hotel was busy, but you wouldn't have noticed it, and very good news for a new business. I will say that I doubt a couple would have been placed in that room as it was twin beds in there. It did have a small window but this looked out onto the corridor that passed the room leading to a few other rooms. Even with the curtain closed the light shone through brightly from the corridor onto the beds, and although I went out a couple of times in the night to turn the light off, someone else kept on turning it back on (i am guessing health & safety reasons of course) and in the end I had to leave it. I only paid 20JD for the room + arabic breakfast.

So if you are travelling alone or as two friends who request a twin room - do make sure that you request a room with a view here.

I did find one of the other rooms open the next day after the occupants had checked out, and so I had a peek and have attached the photos - really really lovely!

Jane let me leave my bags in the room while I explored Petra the day after my arrival, even though i was moving to stay at the camp that evening. She located an adaptor plug for me, offered me a hairdryer for use, was helpful with directions to town for a bite to eat etc etc.

There is free wi-fi available in the lobby with lots of comfortable chairs for guests to sit on while waiting for a lift, or doing holiday reading or research. There are guidebooks and Petra maps available for borrowing in reception, and some bedouin tea always available.

Don't think twice about it if you are looking for a place to stay in Wadi Musa, this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo