“Excellent experience”

Petra Bed and Breakfast
Brussels, Belgium
“Excellent experience”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

The place is very clean, pleasant and spacious. We are thankful to Patricia, the owner, for her good advice and resources (she helped us book travel arrangements, recommended the best restaurant we've tried in Petra and also the cheapest...). We warmly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 29, 2013

This is a great place to come back to after a day of hiking around Petra. Good shower and a comfortable bed, and best of all, quiet! We could barely hear the people in the room across from ours and there are virtually no nearby neighbors. Okay, the call to prayers over the mosque's loud speakers was a little startling, but that's probably because it was so quiet at night.

Patricia and Eid are fantastic hosts. Patricia arranged for a driver to pick us up from Wabi Rum (where we spent the night in a tent) and the same driver to take us back to the border the next day. This driver was really informative, stopping at overlooks and for camels and goats so we could take our pictures. Eid drove us down to the Petra entrance and Patricia picked us up when we were ready. In fact, she loaned us a mobile phone so we could call her when we were ready! Best of all, Patricia was really flexible in our changing agenda, both before the trip and while we were there.

I highly recommend both a visit to Petra and this B&B. I really wish we could have stayed longer!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I was a solo traveller & safety plus comfort was my TOP concern. I chose a B&B so that I would have someone to give me advice if need arose. On calling to make my booking with Patricia I was immediately put at ease.She arranged for a taxi to pick me up frm Aqaba.
The section for guests is on upper level of her home - separate entrance. 4 rms (all w/bathrm I think)are available - the communal area consists of living area w/TV, coffee&tea making facilities plus a fridge. There is an enclosed balcony set up with a pc and table/chairs. My room was comfortable & large bathrm with shower only. There is a lovely garden. If you love horses this is the place to be- there are stables with at least 2 horses! For transfer down to entrance of Petra-Patricia was happy to drive me or arrange taxi at 2JOD. Breakfast was adequate & option of taking it with you to eat in Petra!
Payment was in cash & US$/Euros are happily taken.
Just remember this is a B & B so don't expect room service!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We spent 2 nights at the Petra B&B and our hostess, Patricia, went out of her way to ensure our Petra visit was wonderful. We didn't have our own transport but Patricia very kindly dropped us off at Petra's entrance and picked us up in the evenings. The Petra B&B would make a perfect base for a larger group as the 4 bedrooms share a lovely dining area and lounge.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Patricia and Eid (the owners) are incredibly helpful with everything from making a carry on breakfast to our visit to Petra, to helping us make our further travel arrangements. With only four rooms in the guesthouse, it is best to book in advance. It is situated on a hillside with nice views over the city of Wadi Musa and it only takes about 3 minutes to drive to the entrance of Petra.
We can only give Petra Bed and Breakfast our highest recommendation.

UK
Reviewed April 28, 2013

It's a little out of town but this really isn't an issue as it is minutes from the gates of Petra.
I am not sure staying within Wadi Musa is particularly a benefit anyway, as the sole purpose of being here is to see Petra and the town is not very nice.
Patricia is lovely - she is a great host and very informative about the area.
We had a very nice room, met some lovely people and really enjoyed our stay here.

Malmö, Skåne Län, Sweden
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We liked our stay at Petra B/B mainly for the hospitality. The room is basic but is good value for money considering that Jordan is a dear country and Petra is heavily touristed. The most impressive thing for us was the owner preparing a packed lunch which we took with us for the early morning hike in Petra. It was difficulty place to find mind, so better signage would be helpful!
Overall, we recommend it! :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michael L
PetraBedandBreakfast, Owner at Petra Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're happy to hear that overall you liked your stay and that you would recommend it to others. Although we wished we could have made it better than "average". Regarding the difficult to find-part: we send each guest a detailed map/route description upon booking, some guests arrive here telling me how great and clear the instructions are, others can't seem to find us ... all I can say is: I can't make it any clearer than it is, all the little side streets are on the map and the written instructions tell you whether streets go uphill or downhill, what you see along the way and so on.
There are many ways to enter Wadi Musa and I don't think the local authorities would be very pleased with me putting up signs all over the city. I always add the sentence "if you have problems finding us please don't hesitate to call me, my number is on the map" so for future guests: all you have to do is stop somebody on the street and ask that person if you can use his phone for a short local call and I will talk to up to the house or I will come down to wherever you are to pick you up.
Patricia (Petra B&B)