WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #16 of 40 Hotels in Petra - Wadi Musa
Haarlem, The Netherlands
“Good and quiet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

Nice clean place, just on the edge of the tourists hustle and bustle but close enough to have it all within waling distance; about 800 yards away from the Gate to Petra.. Good food and friendly people. The rooms are not big but have everything you need except a fridge...

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 1 night. The rooms definitely had their best time 10 years ago and the quality is very basic but clean. The AC does make more noise than to produce cold air. We did not try the breakfast nor buffet. We did however used the rooftop restaurant with a great view over Petra by night and shisha offers. This is clearly a budget hotel with an outstanding service mentality however. Throughout good experience. Given the price range I would recommend staying here, so close to the Petra visitors center.

Stayed July 2014
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

" Yeah.... finally I land in this hotel by last moment booking, Once arrived I was impressed with extreanl view but sadly end up with crazy situation.

If you are person looking for economical and closer to petra this one is worthy to book, sametime Interanally nothing so good,

TV not working, WiFi damn slow, no option on food, window AC annoys, No complement water bottle.

Breakfast was ok....

Only thing I appreciate room is clean, house keeping can be improved sadly not very good English by staff to make them understand your needs.

Finaly I recommend only for people who just throw their baggage and start discovering the petra which is just 500mtr away from the hotel.

Don't forget to start early morning 5am so that you can avoid crowd in ptera treasury.

My disappointment hotel taken away by this beautiful magnifying .... Indian Jones treasure :-).

Note: Please carry water bottle and boot for walking in ruf n tuf rocky path otherwise horse and donkey rides can save you...."

Enjoy and post your comment if pass by this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Asifyy
Madrid, Spain
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014

This was an awful experience that almost ruins our trip.

We shouldn't have done it, but we left a wallet with money inside one of the suitcases while we visited Petra during the day. 100 euros and 400 shekels were stolen from the suitcase. Someone went through our stuff (because you couldn't see it if you weren't looking for it) and took all our money.

We left for Wadi Rum and then to the border. We did not realize until we had to pay the border fee and we had no money at all! we know for sure it was in this hotel because after leaving it we kept our bags with us at all times.

As soon as we found a wifi, I reached the hotel manager explaining what happened thinking that maybe he would do some research and found the person who did it, but his answer was that it was not possible as they have cctv cameras in the building... indeed he was quite unpolite and did not believe us at all.

I don't want an answer or comment from him now. I only wanna warn people who stay in this hotel to be careful about their personal belongings. Don't leave anything in the room while you are away!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
8 Thank belencbz

Travelers are raving about these Petra - Wadi Musa hotels

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

Location - can't be beat. Quality of the hotel - super.

Staff / experience - "lacking" is a good word.

I've never actually experienced such blatant racism before. Twice, with two different staff members at breakfast, I was proactively asked, "where are you from?" and when I said "Canada" the person grunted and took away whatever food item from which I was currently serving myself at the table. My jaw dropped both times. I was once left holding the jam spoon as the staff member took all the jam away.

The front desk staff were another matter. Very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

If you are a local Badhul, living in a goat hair tent, with no running water, this hotel is probably the height of luxury. But I am a spoilt western woman who expects a few basics necessities from a hotel. Like bed sheets that fit and keep the mattress covered all night. I don't like ending up on a bare mattress, it makes me worry about scabies and bed bugs. I also like a shower that has water in it, and a bath plug, and a safe deposit box in my room and a hairdryer. Spoilt I know, but blame my parents.

However, after a night at the Feynan Eco Lodge I was thrilled to discover working air con and no flies on the food.

What this hotel does have is quick and easy access to the Petra site and many restaurants. Petra is enormous and after 8 hours walking around ( and climbing up) the site, you will be all too pleased to find that your hotel is just outside the gate to Petra, that you can walk to a relaxing hammam in 5 minutes, likewise find a restaurant to eat in.

Don't write this hotel off just because it isn't perfect and the staff need to be asked twice and then probably still won't find you what you want.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

We loved our 4 nights at La Maison, just a short walk from the entrance to Petra. The hotel has a lovely roof top bar, which serves wine and beer and offers a limited grilled menu.

This is a very clean hotel with very helpful staff. There are many good restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple