La Maison Hotel Petra
Petra Guest house Hotel(Petra - Wadi Musa)
$169
Movenpick Resort Petra(Petra - Wadi Musa)
$1,828
$1,778
Petra Marriott Hotel(Petra - Wadi Musa)
$162
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
My Home Hotel- Petra(Petra - Wadi Musa)(Great Value!)
$35
Peace Way Hotel(Petra - Wadi Musa)(Great Value!)
$48
  • Breakfast included
Petra by Night Hotel(Petra - Wadi Musa)(Great Value!)
$141
$42
Al Anbat Hotel 1(Petra - Wadi Musa)
$49
Tetra Tree Hotel(Petra - Wadi Musa)(Great Value!)
$67
Agoda.com
Al Rashid Hotel(Petra - Wadi Musa)(Great Value!)
$57
TripAdvisor
Sharah Mountains Hotel(Petra - Wadi Musa)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsminute walkexcellent locationvisitor centertourist streetwadi rumbudget hotelrooms are cleantwo nightsrestaurants and shopsbuffet dinnermain gateyogurtthe room was nicerooftop restaurantdouble roomwelcome drinkpetra
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights to visit Petra in January 2014.

From the outside the Hotel totally looks the part - and reception is impressive. Very welcoming staff - pleasant welcoming drink - fast efficient check in - all very good stuff.

Compared with the rather impressive reception it's almost as if the rooms are in a different hotel ! No minibar and fridge which are advertised. It's not quite hostel level but its getting there. Bedding and towels are "tired", TV is quite an old CRT model (but it works ok), the heating works but it's a very noisy blower which delivers the heat. We were on the 3rd floor and the wifi was excellent ! (Compared to all the other reviewers who's wifi didn't work).

The tap was loose and rotated as one attempted to turn it on.... the toilet seat was looser than the tap and one had to "bog surf" as one carried out ones toiletry needs ! Hot water was ok but the shower curtain insufficient so water pools on the floor and doesn't drain and gets a bit stale. One blessing of the missing minibar was availability of a mains socket. Otherwise without moving the bed or unplugging the TV there wern't any.

Of the 2 days the room was serviced on one day but not the next...... The notice asking for towels to be put in the bath for new towels to be left is odd as there is no bath - but then if the room isn't serviced its irrelevant anyway !

We didn't have breakfast on our booking but at 6JD each we gave it a try - once. It was ok-ish but not worth 6 JD (But the service was friendly and that's no reflection on the waiter).

So in summary for the money it's ok - close to Petra entrance and some nice eateries. Staff are friendly and efficient. Room infrastructure is poor. Its safe and it's somewhere to sleep but 3 stars - no it's not.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 18, 2014

We stayed 3 nights in La Maison.

Pros:
- Location is great, 5 minutes walk to Petra ruins. Though on the way back, it is a steep uphill climb.
- Rooms are clean for the most part. Spacious. Comfortable bed.

Cons:
- Front desk staff. Not at all helpful, have no clue what is happening. Ask them a question about breakfast, room service or for that matter anything, their answer is: I don’t know, go to the restaurant and check. Really?? Coz, the last time I checked, front desk staff is supposed to be the coordinator and single point of contact for the guests. What kind of attitude is to tell the customer, I don’t know anything that goes on in the Hotel where I work. WEIRD.
- We had a hard time trusting any information we got from the hotel staff. We kept going to a nearby (Petra moon) hotel to get all the information we needed.
- Terrible shower. The force is good but the showering space is extremely tight, the water spills out and the curtain is pretty useless. Showering became a difficult task.
- Wi-Fi OK in the lobby, but did not work at all in the room despite the staff constantly claiming that it does / should.
- Breakfast was buffet style one day, and minimal (a-la-carte) the next 2 days. And, for the same price. So, definitely don't recommend including when booking if charged separately.

Room Tip: Keep low expectations, this is a budget friendly place.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 12, 2014

The location of this hotel is a major plus. We stayed there 1 night. For people who want to start exploring Petra early in the morning, this location is ideal. Just 5 minute walk to Petra entrance and for the jet bus starting point. We were there at the Petra entrance by 7 clock and we had Petra for ourselves for the best part of the morning.
Staff was friendly. We checked out from the hotel before we went to explore Petra and they kept our luggage until we return in the afternoon around 3’clock free of charge.
Beware when you order room service. The menu card is quite misleading. We order a pot of hot water and a burger (which menu card says 7 JD) and surprised to see our bill as 18JD which is much overpriced.
WiFi service is very poor inside the room. You have to go out to the corridor to get reception.
The room was clean and the bed was comfortable.
We had the breakfast from the hotel for 6JD per person. It was ok.

Room Tip: Check the actual price before order any room service.
Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights in December and would absolutely stay again. La Maison is a clean, comfortable place within a 2-3 minute walk from the Petra gates. Located directly behind Movenpick and 1/2 block down from Petra Moon, this place is a steal. The room was a bit cold, but I found that to be the case with most hotels in Jordan, but it was never uncomfortable. The breakfast buffet was OK, I preferred the buffet at Petra Guest House for the price. The only downside is WIFI only worked in the lobby, restaurant, and roof. Couldn't access from the room. A minor inconvenience, nothing to really complain about.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Hmmmmm I don't get any pleasure in writing this type of review, especially as the hotel itself has a lot going for it. It's a near perfect location being four minutes walk from Petra Gate, an impressive foyer, geniunely helpful staff, the quality of the food is perfectly good (the buffet dinner I had was one of the best meals I had in Jordan) and I can live with free wifi only being available in public areas like the foyer and restaurant, it's free after all people....!

What grates is the huge disparity between the public areas and the rooms I was given. When I pulled back the curtain of room on the mezzanine floor to find a ten foot grey brick wall six foot from my window and the hotel's air conditioning fan being located in front of my window that was on almost 24 hours non stop! I didn't get a good nights sleep that night.

The cleaniness of the room was not that great to be honest, i got the impression someone had had the most cursoury of swipeups and found food crumbs and hairs from previous gueest without really actively looking for pick up faults. I got moved the following day to a room on the same level that was marginly less noisy but the standard of the bathroom in particular for both rooms was simply shocking. Fittings were either loose or missing and the shower curtain hung over the shower cubicle basin so the floor was constantly flooded with water which refused to drain away and often stank - it just didn't feel clean at all.

What got my goat above all of this was the standard of the shlock electric sockets. I had to remove the tv socket to turn the thing off one evening and I almost got an electric shock. The socket was hanging out of the wall, was half melted anyway and selotape was being used to hold some of the wiring together... Poor house keeping standards is one thing but being this close to being connected to the Jordanian National Grid is something I could do without on a holiday!

Management of La Maison, I know you guys read these reviews, please take on board my comments in the spirit they're intended. It's not all bad by any means, in fact what's good is very good - build on this and you will have an excellent hotel but what's bad in terms of the rooms and especially the bathrooms is just unacceptable these days. Your staff, especially the male receptionist who speaks better English than I do had to field some pretty tough complaints from unsatisfied residents - as a Brit, I try to be more measured in reasonable in what I say but to summarise, if it hadn't been the new year period without every where booked out I would have moved, half price dinner voucher for one evening or not... Sorry....

Room Tip: Avoid any rooms on the messazine floor at all costs...!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo