“Great Location, Good Price, and Excellent Service”

La Maison Hotel Petra
Ranked #33 of 40 Hotels in Petra - Wadi Musa
Reviewed May 17, 2013

The hotel is conveniently located within a 10-minute walk from the main gate of Petra. The room is clean and fulfils the basic needs. The staff was courteous and service was beyond what expected: I was able to check-in at 10am upon my arrival from Amman on Jett bus; the breakfast starts at 6:30am the receptionist kindly reminded me to grab some food for catching the only bus heading Wadi Rum early in the morning. All in all, it's worth every penny.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank wowneverstoptravel
Mahmoud F, General Manager at La Maison Hotel Petra, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Dear Esteemed Online Guest,

Thank you very much for posting your review on Tripadvisor. We were delighted to read you were happy with the hotel and it's services on this occasion and we look forward to welcoming you back to the La Maison Hotel next time you travel to Petra.

There are newer reviews for La Maison Hotel Petra

Reviewed May 11, 2013

This was one of our better experiences within Jordan.... The beds were awesome, and the sheets were very clean... Overall the hotel was great, an extremely close to anything you would want too see in these parts! Service was good. They say the internet is accessible from your room, but it's not we had to go to the lobby each time we wanted to search something....

I cant tell you how much I loved these little beds, they were like your own personal pod, and after sooo much traveling its a great bed to look forward too.... The breakfast buffet was poor, I wouldn't pay extra for it, especially if you are on a budget....

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BeachBummy0
Mahmoud F, General Manager at La Maison Hotel Petra, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Reviewed May 9, 2013

The hotel was within walking distance from the entrance to Petra site.

Breakfast was very good and abundant.

Rooms were on the small side and the bathroom was average.

Although the bedlinen and towels were clean, I felt that cleanliness was not thorough. There were many hairs in the shower drain which I found disgusting!

I had an unpleasant experience with regards to the A/C and the way the receptionist handled the matter. We spent just one night in this hotel, and it was very hot and stuffy when we got there. I switched on the A/C and within minutes realized that it was not working. I called up reception to inquire about it. The receptionist said he would check with the technicians and get back to me. He didn't. After an hour and a half I called reception again and he told me that he had checked with the technicians and they had told him that given the time of the year, there was no need to switch the A/C on! First of all I thought that he could have bothered to call back to inform me about this, and secondly, I felt that it was up to me to decide if the A/C was needed on or not! That's why there is a knob by which the hotel guest can regulate it from his/her room! I insisted that I wanted the A/C on because the heat was unbearable. The receptionist said he would get back to me. He did and said that he spoke to the technicians and they told them that the A/C is not working but that it will be working tomorrow! (I would be gone tomorrow). This second version shows that his first version was a lie! I just can't stand being lied to! I then insisted that an insect screen be brought to the room so I could at least open the window. An insect screen (a very dirty one in fact) was brought to the room and having the window open helped.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 7, 2013

stayed 2 nights and it was great.
Rooms are clean, hot water and all. We booked one room for 3 people and got two rooms for the same price which is by the way very very cheap considering the hotel and location. It is really less than 5 mins from the ticket office of the Petra entrance.
Staff was great and restaurant was fine. not great food but fine. They have wine, beer and all you need. Don't be fooled by the amount of over 60 year olds in this hotel. if they are here it's because it's good! Clients were mostly French, German and Dutch (they have magazines in those languages in the lobby)
We did the booking via email and everything was fine.
They even have a car park right in front of the hotel if you have a rental car, or a massive one about 2 minutes walk away(between Petra Entrance and the hotel)
The hotel manager pointed to us a little sharwarma place in the centre of town that was great and cheap (for petra - not for the middle east).
I will definitely go back to this hotel if i go back to Petra!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Ben C

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Considering the price, this is a very good choice. It's only 5 min on foot from the entrance to Petra site. The room was quite spacious and new. The bathroom and the room were clean but not the sheets and I had the staff to change them. At the reception they offer an excellent welcome tea. The staff is helpful and kind. I didn't have breakfast, nor lunch or dinner, so I can't judge on the quality of the food.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dariodes

Reviewed April 29, 2013

The hotel was very decent, and obviously a god choice given its location (5 min walk to Petra site) and the price versus the service we received. I would advise you to confirm your booking with the hotel in advance as there was a slight confusion with ours, however the hotel management was extremely helpful, offering us an alternative with almost no on-cost. We appreciated the solution-oriented attitude. Breakfast is included to the price, the buffet is average in taste but also rich.
Overall I'd say that we enjoyed our stay at La Maison, it is good value for money.

Room Tip: The walls are a bit thin so it might be a little noisy in the mornings. Rooms farther away from the...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank carmenqueasy
Mahmoud F, General Manager at La Maison Hotel Petra, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Reviewed April 25, 2013

La Maison is in a great location. It's 5 minutes walk to Petra entrance and Tourism Street for restaurants and stores. Also near the bus station (JETT bus and others). Great value for money. Booking.com had a special deal for 3 nights that included breakfast and one night’s dinner. Expedia.com price was actually cheaper, but might not have included breakfast at the time I checked. There were some room facility issues, but the bed was comfortable. (After walking all day, sleep is the priority.) TV wasn't working when I got to room, told staff whom then got a repairman to fix it. Shower/bathtub quite small. Shower water turns hot and cold on its own while taking shower, so it was a bit annoying. I requested a double-bed room on a higher floor, but they didn't have one on a higher floor (only one on groundfloor, which I didn't feel comfortable as a female traveler). I ended up with two small beds in room; they said they'd look for a double room, but they never got back to me. I was there for three nights. The walls are thin, so I can hear people talking in their rooms and hallways. On the plus side, breakfast was great. Buffet dinner was good too, especially the dessert. Some staff were friendly. Lobby beautifully decorated in modern European design. Dining area looked good too. Room is basic, but it is a three star hotel (not a five star). I recommended this hotel to several other tourists that I met who didn't have any hotel reservations, and they all booked there. Compared to other hotels in the area, La Maison’s prices are better. If they improve the rooms and make them more sound-proof, it could become a four star hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms that end in -18 (i.e.: 218, 318, etc.) have the best views and more spacious. I wasn't...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo