“Location, location, location”
Review of Petra Guesthouse

Petra Guesthouse
Ranked #5 of 41 Hotels in Petra - Wadi Musa
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Stayed here in April. The hotel itself was OK - room was small but adequate. We couldn't get the wifi to work though.The one thing about it is the location - right next to the entrance of Petra. We had a two day ticket (only 5 rials more than a one day ticket), and used the second morning to walk back to the Pink City again, and up to the High Place of Sacrifice. Wonderful.

Any hotel next to such an amazing place will struggle to make itself memorable.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Henkyyy

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Modern hotel wonderfully integrated into the stones of the entrance of Petra. Large and quiet rooms (choose those with the terrace), friendly staff, good breakfast, cosy bar for an evening drink. The hotel restaurant even if a bit expensive, is still among the best.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Best location to start exploring the ancient city of petra - its right at the entrance of the heritage site. very good price-value, nice and clean room, very friendly staff (!), food excellent, amazing bar built in the rock, car parking for hotel guests

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank pmossbeck
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I recently stayed at the Petra Guest House. It was fabulous. The food was excellent , the rooms excellent with all the amenities you would want.
Fabulous location, just outside the entrance to the Petra Archeological site.
I could not recommend it more highly.

Room Tip: I cannot fault anything and as far as I know all rooms are good.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Guest House is a great option if you are staying in Petra. I stayed there only for one night, from 7 to 8 June 2013.
We’ve got a front view of the hills and the feeling is amazing! The staff is helpful, kind and the accommodations are big, but cozy. The rooms are clean and really comfortable. Breakfast is flawless and the hotel is in a great location, just beside Petra gate. It’s literally a 1-min walk.
At night you can enjoy the Bar, in front of the hotel, which reminds you that, besides visiting this astonishing city, there is nothing better than narguile, shisha, wine and a perfect company (S2).
Guest House is not the cheapest option, but it is a great cost X benefit!
Only one issue: internet did not work, and I couldn’t reach the Reception by phone to complain. In the end it was a short but great stay!
I have been to Petra with Mr. Abu Rashad, the kindest guide ever, who took us all over Jordan (aburashad_taxi@hotmail.com).

Room Tip: Choose a room with view to the hills. Front ones. The yellow night lights just make Petra seem more...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This hotel exceeded our expectations it may only be rated 4 stars but it earns 5 from me. Right from when we pulled up in our rental car we were greeted by friendly staff. We were given a room on the terraced hill side room 331; the decor also exceeded what I was expecting. See attached photos. We ordered room service twice which was great, a late evening meal and also a late lunch out on the terrace with a few beers. The room for two nights cost us the same for two nights as it did for the previous one night stay at a well-known 5 star hotel on the Dead Sea. (At least this mini bar had some beer in it) Which was great fully refilled on request? Down stairs is The Cave Bar which speaks for itself. Very popular on a Thursday and Friday night. Possibly the best part of staying at this hotel is its location to Petra Park front gate it’s that close you have to actually walk away from the gate to purchase your entry ticket. We experienced the Petra by night tour on the evening we arrived, and were able to purchase a ticket for that with the bell boy at the front door. They also offered a picnic lunch packed in a box for 8 Dinars which was very handy, although if I was doing it again I would just take a fist full of dollars and not carry anything. Everything you could possibly want to quench your thirst and hunger is available all along the trails throughout your Petra walk. As stated we stayed two nights but only had one full day to knock over as much of Petra as we possibly could. We contemplated a guide and donkey rides and camel rides etc. but after much debate of the pro's and con's decided to do it ourselves. To set the picture I am 50 considerably fit my wife 48 could be fitter and has high blood pressure. We set out at 7:15 and we returned at 3:15, 8 hours later. We achieved what we expected by seeing about 80% of what was on offer, kind of glad we didn't get a guide as I stopped and listened to a few dribble on and I'm convinced that I would have soon tired of listening to him and got pissed off with the fact that we were not moving fast enough to see it all. So I took photos of all the signs and bought the book instead. Contemplated the donkey rides etc. but having ridden horses before I'm almost positive I would have been just as sore after being on the donkey as I was after walking and climbing for eight hours. If I had children between the ages of 0 to 10 I would most definitely put them on the donkey's they are very sure footed and it would be far safer on the donkey than walking them near some of the rock edge drop offs. Hint take a Camel from the Treasury to the bottom of the climb for the Monastery, then take a donkey to the top and back. And then walk back exploring everything you noted along the way. We did the climb to the Sacrifice Alter after going to the top to see the Monastery, they said that it was 300 steps and the Monastery climb 800 steps, however it seemed just as far and more rugged (it might have been because we were both pretty exhausted) but what was at the top was disappointing after being up at the Monastery. What you see on the brochure is exactly what you see. Back to the Hotel review, to wrap up I could only fault the hotel on two things and both are being pretty picky but Breakfast which was included in the tariff started at 06:30 the park opens at 06:00. It would have been nice to get away earlier and beat the bus loads. The only other thing noted was the bathroom shower grouting was very tired and looked a little dirty, could have done with a spruce up. But like I stated earlier, after 8 hours of endurance test it was awesome to walk 15m past the gate and be home and in a hot shower 5 minutes later. Having seen the Pyramids and the Valley of the Kings and Pompeii I would have to rate Petra as being close to my best pick and is definitely a must do.

Room Tip: The inside rooms would suit older people, the stairs to the terraced rooms on the hill were a challe...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank TonysTours_13
Reviewed June 9, 2013

This hotel is right next to the entrance to the Petra site. Easy to be at the gate when it opens at 6am. It is a good value for money hotel and it is very peaceful in any part of the hotel. The staff is always smiling. There is western type toilets and everything is clean.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family