“Not bad”

Ranked #5 of 40 Hotels in Petra - Wadi Musa
Yorkshire
“Not bad”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

For position this is A1, the staff were on the whole very friendly and even suggested that he two rooms which I had booked for my family were unnecessary. The buffet was a little lack lustre but the food in the Cave Bar was good with large portions.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
new york
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Its a very comfortable hotel and couldn't be better located. We were able to tour the Petra site long before the crowds of tourists appeared. The "chalet" is separated from the main building by steps and a terrace, but the view and the privacy makes it a very worthwhile choice. My only criticism is that wifi is only available in the lobby area of the hotel. A bit of an inconvenience, but a minor one.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Angelholm, Sweden
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Located at the gates to Petra itself (you don't want to walk any more than you need). Nice layout. Cool bar (in an old tomb) nice rooms. Ours overlooked the Petra entrance from a large terass, very nice. Nothing to complain about, but we had a quick stay , so can't say to much either way.

Room Tip: Some rooms are in the terass area and can be rather far from the main building.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
DeKalb, Illinois
Reviewed March 23, 2013

This hotel is only steps away from the entrance of Petra so you can't beat the location. As for the customer service, I emailed the manager Khaled a week before we arrived and told him that during our stay we would be celebrating our one year wedding anniversary. I asked him to help me make it a special evening and he created a lovely 3 course menu for us served in our room. He also ordered a floral bouquet from a local flower store for me and asked me what he should write on the card. I emailed him what I wanted and he actually wrote the card for me. They also upgraded our room to a lovely chalet at no charge. The room was very nice and the bed was very comfortable. It was a fantastic stay and thanks to the staff for going above and beyond for us.

Weedsport, New York
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We just returned from our Jordan adventure and we spent 3 nights here at the Guest House. We were very pleased with everything about it. We had a chalet room which I believe are newer than the rooms that are located right in the hotel. The only bad thing about it was it was just a few extra steps to get to our room but it was quiet and the room was very nice with a nice view so we had no complaints. Our room was very large too with a nice couch and chair in addition to the beds and small table and chairs in the corner. Bathroom was fine and included a hair dryer ... although none of the hair dryers in any of the hotels were very powerful but it worked fine for me.

We got the buffet 2 nights and it was good. It was 14 dinars which worked out to about $20US. A little pricey but I think it was comparable to any place else you'd eat. We were very satisfied with the selection and quality of food ... especially the dessert buffet!!! The breakfast, which was included with our room, was also very good with quite a few choices and an omelette and pancake chef.

I never tried the wi-fi. I know you had to pay for it and I did see a lot of people in the lobby on their smart phones so I'm guessing it worked fine.

All in all, we were VERY pleased with this hotel and would stay here again.

Room Tip: The chalet rooms are newer but there are no elevators to them so you do have to walk a bit more and...
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

You can't stay any closer to Petra. The hotel's entrance is right next to it so it was easy to go to Petra early in the morning and avoid the crowd or nip back to the hotel to wash off the dust from the day and rest the legs. It also has the famous cave bar. We stayed in one of the motel like rooms outside the main buildings - what they call the chalets. The room was spacious and clean and the bed comfortable. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to petra.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank shanzx
Aarhus, Denmark
Reviewed March 18, 2013

The location, the setting, the staff, the rooms, and the overall feel of this excellent excellent place makes visit to Petra really nice and uplifting. To complete my visit to Petra, I will stay in this place again for sure.