Sun Set Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Edom Hotel Petra(Petra - Wadi Musa)
  • Breakfast included
Petra Palace Hotel(Petra - Wadi Musa)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
La Maison Hotel Petra(Petra - Wadi Musa)
View Hotel
Movenpick Resort Petra(Petra - Wadi Musa)
View Hotel
Candles Hotel(Petra - Wadi Musa)
View Hotel
Petra Moon Hotel(Petra - Wadi Musa)
  • Pool
Petra Guest house Hotel(Petra - Wadi Musa)
View Hotel
Elgee Hotel(Petra - Wadi Musa)
View Hotel
Al Anbat III(Petra - Wadi Musa)
View Hotel
Al Anbat Midtown Hotel(Petra - Wadi Musa)
View Hotel
All reviewssunset hotelexcellent locationbasic hoteldead seaafter a long dayvisiting petraturkish bathpetra sitelobbyjordandesertruinshill
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 14, 2012

stayed at the hotel next door, petra palace hotel - rooms are basic, but great service and staff. thanks lubna for the good tips around petra. petra palace serves good spread for breakfast and dinner (JD12).

as for petra sunset hotel, lubna recommended that i speak to belal for tours/transport. belal arranged wadirum with wild wadi rum, which was decently priced for 2D/1N tour around the desert. breakfast at the desert was a tad disappointing. but overall good tour by hussein and eid. the camp was clean and offers a great view both during sunset and sunrise. the best surprise from belal was the driver from wadi rum to queen alia airport (7hours including stops along the way, the likes of dead sea, mount nebo, ghore fifa, etc.). tawfeeq was great fun, with good knowledge of the route along king's highway. thanks. umk fe al daaar.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank cekalitan
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We got a double room with bathroom, really nice breakfast, wi-fi just at the reception and very slow for about US$ 37,50 (25JD). It was clean and tidy. Like always, everybody smokes in the lobby and the TV is always in some arabic channerl, but this is Jordan. The staff is really nice and gave us all the information we needed about Petra and about our next destination. 100 meters from the Petra entrance. Remember if you stay in Wadi Musa (the town where Petra is near) you will have to spend in taxi to go and to return. And believe me you will need a taxi after one day of walking in Petra. This will be US$ 9 (6JD) . The hotel even has a nice lunch box (we pay 4JD) for you to take to Petra since there is only one restaurant there and it is not possible to come back for lunch. Near the hotel there are restaurants at reasonable prices and a market (without prices like always in Jordan). We did not walk till Wadi Musa (the town near) because we were too tired. We bought water from the nearby super.

Room Tip: All the rooms we saw were the same.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I stayed at this hotel as part of my trip with Intrepid Travel. I found this hotel to be quite acceptable and convenient. There is lots of restaurants nearby, a small supermarket below the hotel and even a Turkish bath a few mins away.

The room I had was spacious. I found the mattress to be a little hard for my liking but I did have a comfortable sleep especially after walking around Petra all day.

The shower is a standup but there is a good amount of pressure and hot water. Toilet was fine.

Breakfast that is included is basic Egyptian e.g. bread, jam, yogurt, hard boiled egg, cheese, juices.

Wifi is included but I swear management turned it off when our group arrived as all of us were in the lobby uploading pictures and we must have used up all their bandwidth.

Noise is a slight issue as our bed was beside the door and there's not much sound proofing. Ear plugs fixed this problem easily.

The fan in the room is extremely loud even on the lowest setting. Open the windows instead.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I arrived late night and I paid partly (15%) for the room over the booking site already. However I had to pay all 100% for the room when i got there. It was cheap so I did not argue with the person or anything. The guy also tried to sell me a tour guide which I ended up didn't take.

The room was ok. I was there in January so it was quite cold. Not sure they have heater. The breakfast was ok.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We wanted to stay at Petra Moon, but of course, it was booked up. We checked out Sunset on the advice of our driver, and were very happy with the value. Jordan is expensive, and Petra itself costs $80 to enter. The Sunset cost about $50/night and was a mere 7 minute walk to the entrance of Petra (believe me after 12 hours a day wandering through Petra, every step back to the hotel can be a challenge!). Being very budget-conscious, Sunset was perfect- conveniently located and reasonably priced for the area. The room had a slightly grungy carpet but was otherwise very clean (see photos).

Other travellers seemed to have no problem with the hotel's in-house travel agency, but they kept us waiting for hours and seemed disorganized enough that we decided just to go down the street. Nevertheless, staff were very friendly and helpful. Wifi was free in the lobby. Breakfast was included and nothing special (but I like boiled eggs and hummus so I was satisfied).

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple