All reviews budget hotel wadi rum free lift hot water packed lunch hummus free ride single room clean rooms boiled eggs visiting petra petra site jett bus stayed here for nights taxi driver petra visitor centre breakfast was included
Reviewed May 28, 2010

Cleopetra is a very busy budget hotel. We booked our room in advance, but it was very good to call them about our arriving time, so they hold a room for us. The hotel is very average, but the team who are running it, take it to the top. You feel like in a family.
The breakfast was good, but nothing else.
For all I could recommend Cleopetra Hotel for everyone who would like to explore Petra all day and to meet other traveller from all the world.

Date of stay: August 2009
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 26, 2010

I read reviews of Cleopetra prior to heading to Jordan and most were great though none could portray in words the excellent warmth, friendliness and hospitality that the Cleopetra offers. As a solo female traveller over from Tel Aviv where I work, this was a top choice hotel both for the helpful, friendly 'peacemaker of Jordan' Mosleh (as he likes to be known) and the other guys running the place and also for the fact that you meet so many others from a plethora of countries whilst there! Mosleh went out of his way to drive me around, take me to the local market with him, arrange a hammam and swim for me, persuade the Petra Kitchen to let me join their oversubscribed (yet truly excellent) cookery class, arrange a desert trip to Wadi Rum and even drive a new acquaintance back to her hotel to avoid any unwanted attention to her walking back to her hotel alone late. The world over I have never encountered such a genuine, helpful, friendly, honest and smiley host:) In case you hadn't guessed, I recommend staying at Cleopetra!!

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed May 24, 2010

It was challenging trying to read all the reviews at TripAdvisor ...so many different points of view and varying standards from one person to another. The reviews I read about the Cleopetra all raved about the kindness and hospitality of the management. It was not the cleanest or most comfortable accommodations if you are comparing to a Marriott or Hyatt, but it was clean, comfortable and homey The family style meals were wonderful the prices were great and the management could not have been more friendly. My husband and I celebrated our 21st anniversary while there and Mosleh, our host went to so much trouble to order a beautiful cake for us to share with the rest of the guests. He was a wonderful host and the hospitality is without equal...he made my memories of Petra and Wadi Musa extra special. I would enthusiastically recommend this hotel to all but the most picky and demanding...you will come as a tourist and leave as a friend.....thank you Mosleh for your extreme kindess....I hope we can celebrate our 31st anniversary with you!! We have stayed the world over from 5 stars to hostels and I have never been treated with more courtesy and friendliness than you showed us!!
Brenda Gifford
Arizona USA

Date of stay: August 2009
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank msbgiff
Reviewed May 18, 2010

We stayed for 3 nights at the Cleopetra and were immediately taken in by the warmth and hospitality of Moslah the host. He made us feel wonderfully welcome and nothing was ever too much trouble for him. He helped us book a hire car for a trip up the King's Hwy and gave great information and advice and was just a great guy to talk to.

The hotel was undergoing renovation and WE WOULD HAVE RATED IT HIGHER but we were probably one of the last to stay in the older rooms (our choice to save money). We looked at the new rooms ad they looked fantastic - large (larger than the old ones anyway), clean, small bath and good shower head (pressure and hot water were variable as is the case throughout Jordan - just check with Moslah what time the hot water goes on) and a good bed. Our room didn't have fan or aircon, which we would have liked, but the new rooms might have these.

The location is OK, at the top of the hill, handy for a few cheap restaurants at the main roundabout in town and with great sunset view over the hills of Petra below. The hotel will drive you to Petra each morning (about 3 or 4 minutes drive) and if you tell them what time you want to be picked up they'll drive you back too (it's a steep long walk back). Otherwise a taxi back is JD2.

The hotel also does home cooked meals every night if you're interested and will prepare a packed lunch of bread, cheese, jam, fruit, biscuits and soft drink for JD3, which is not bad & pretty essential for long days at Petra. Laundry is expensive here so maybe hold off, but there is a (cluttered) roof space to hang a few handwashed items.

Wifi is JD2 for your whole stay and is reliable and fast downstairs but we couldn't get it in our room on the top floor (although Moslah was always offering Jordanian whisky (tea) every time we sat down to use internet, which was great). There is satelite TV in the common area showing BBC World News and such, and Moslah will thrust a copy of Indiana Jones at you if you have a laptop to watch it on, or you can watch it on the communal TV.

All up it was a great stay and I wish them all the best with completing the rest of the new rooms on the top floor. Definitely would stay here again.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 17, 2010

If you want to swim with your blonde ..stuff go to Marriott, if you like strange mixture go to Taybet Zaman but if you want to “jordanize” go to Mosleh Kingdom. If you don’t like there you’re too old already, and you have too much money. Lucky me, this time I followed Ruth’s philosophy and I booked Cleopetra (not the same kind of decision was taken by me in Ram and it was a BIG mistake). Good things ? Friendship, easy dialogue, exchange of experience, clean room, hot water all time, young minds, excellent hostel atmosphere, 400m near center of the old town, Mosleh, cheap accommodation, discount, computer with internet, silence, joy, full logistic, no mad customers, no problem with food, good place for parking my car. Bad things ? ……..Man, buy another mouse and another keyboard, it was difficult to chat with my wife. And you really need a brain of a woman to do something with blankets/sheets of my room, you have no vision for this kind of things. Wishes ? Million years of peace and happiness man !!!

My husband wrote this. I understand Mosleh is not married. Yet.

• Trip type: Traveled on business