“Feeled like a guest”

Ranked #9 of 40 Hotels in Petra - Wadi Musa
Munster, Germany
“Feeled like a guest”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Very nice stay, very good prices, very helpful People.
If you Need help in any way, getting their or somewhere else, the help you a lot or even manage it for you.
You really feel like a guest their.
Down to Petra is a shuttle provided by them, back you can walk (approx. 20 min, nice to see the City!) or take a Taxi for 2 JD (the always start at 6 JD!)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Reviewed March 23, 2014

We had booked two double rooms, but given two triples on the third floor (walkup) as the doubles weren't on the same floor.
Towels and soap not provided as standard, but given on request.
Owner Muslah very solicitous and anxious to please, though, which makes up for a lot. Can also provide free shuttle to Petra, guides to Petra and drivers to Wadi Rum and Aqaba at reasonable cost.
Optional buffet dinner, at JD 6 each, was good value, and enjoyable.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Hither-and-Yon
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Bedbugs in my room woke me up at 2:30 a.m. Two bites on the face, five on my neck, one on my wrist, one on my finger, one on my arm, one on my thigh. Having had bedbugs in my apartment in the past and spent months with professional exterminators trying to get rid of them, I knew that these were in fact bedbug bites. I had to get out of bed and pack all my luggage and get out of my room right then. When I told the manager about the bedbugs, he first insisted that the bites were not from bedbugs, then he said I must have brought the bedbugs with me, and then he acknowledged that other travelers had had this problem before and complained about it. He then challenged me to find a bedbug in the sheets, betting 100 dinar that I would not find any. When I found a dead bedbug, he dismissed it (maybe on the ground that it was dead, which would miss the point that where there are dead bugs, there must be live ones as well). The manager raised his voice at me and took a confrontational tone for this entire conversation. Afterward the manager's son, who also works there, called me to try to convince me not to tell people about this, saying that they had closed the room I had stayed in for the next couple of days (presumably to spray it with insecticide). I tried to tell him that closing one room for a couple of days was unlikely to do any good, because bedbugs can easily crawled into adjacent rooms, which in any event probably already had bedbugs as well.

It's all really too bad, because otherwise the hotel was fine. But having bedbugs (and seeming unwilling to do anything about it) outweighs all the things that the hotel does right. Stay here at your own risk - only if you don't mind creepy crawlies and bringing them home with you.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank William H
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

Stayed in room 203, infested with bed bugs - avoid this place! That said, the staff is very friendly, decent breakfast, good wifi, and free transport to Petra entrance. Would have been a fine stay if it wasn't for the pest problem!!

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Chris D
cleopetra_h, Manager at Cleopetra Hotel, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear Customer

We would first thank you for writing your review ,The safety and comfort of our guests is a top priority for all of us here at Cleopetra Hotel. We have an ongoing inspection program to ensure that our hotel remains free of all pests, and re-inspect immediately whenever any pest concerns are reported. When we received this review we immediately took the room out of order. We thoroughly inspected the reported room and the surrounding rooms.
We are in Cleopetra hotel always doing our best to avoid bed bugs which may come with customers luggages .
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Cleopetra Hotel is about twenty minutes walk down to Petra, the hotel offers a service to take you there which is only five minutes. Taxis back up will charge around 5JD (£4.70) Nov 13.
The hotel was generally clean and the room fine for one or two nights, The breakfast was simple but OK which included boiled egg, humus, pitta bread, cucumber, tomatoes, wrapped biscuits and tea and coffee. The staff were helpful and phoned for the minibus on our departure. There was a TV and chess set in the reception area and the internet which cost 1JD for half an hour. I choose the hotel because of its excellent review in the Rough Guide to Jordan book... I would say that is was OK on average but I think the article I read in Rough guide was a little hyped.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Nathan J
London
Reviewed December 5, 2013

The hotel was in a great location to go out and explore Petra. We tried the buffet dinner which was really good value for money and delicious! The staff were great at booking us a reliable taxi to driver to take us back to the Wadi Araba crossing - as we were continuing our travels in Israel. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Lizzie H
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Easy to find on the main road to Petra. The rooms are basic and fairly small and during our stay the room wasn't cleaned. Having said that, the rooms are fairly cheap so we didn't mind too much. The staff are very helpful and transport one way to Petra is included although you have to make your own way back. The hotel is a couple of miles form Petra main entrance and you won't want to walk back to the hotel after plodding around Petra all day.There are local restaurants nearby and tourist ones near to Petra entrance, The hotel will cook an evening meal if enough people want it and it's good value.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple