“A special place”
Review of Feynan Ecolodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dana
Feynan Ecolodge
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Dana
Reviewed June 15, 2014

If you come with a car you can easily find the lodge from the dead sea highway because of the signs. At the reception you wil be picked up and a bedouin driver wil drive you to the lodge. We only made a reservation for one night and that should be at least two. Now we had no time to explore the Dana reverse with a guide. The diner was really nice with good (vegetarian) food. The breakfast was not so good. The walk for the sunset was nice and we did play football with local youth (they were very fast with bare feet on rocky underground). They won.... There are just two things; it would be very nice to have in the evening a really cold beer (maybe even two.....) and I think it's a little expensive for what you get.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bart v

Reviewed June 14, 2014

We spent four days at Feynan Ecolodge; we could've spent four more. We were welcomed by one of the lodge's guides with a ginger soft drink. He told us about the lodge and the Dana nature reserve. All guides and staff at the lodge are friendly, are fluent in English and are more than willing to go the extra mile to make your experience unforgettable.
The lodge is an ideal place for nature lovers: you can enjoy beautiful hikes through Wadi Gwayr or other parts of the Dana reserve. But one of the most special things you can do while staying at the lodge is getting to know the Bedouin people in the reserve. We spent a day with a Bedouin shepherd, a fantastic experience. We learned about the Bedouin coffee making ceremony, we learned how to bake bread Bedouin-style and drank many cups of (sweet!) tea with our very friendly and hospitable hosts.
Meals at the lodge are vegetarian and delicious. The room we had was spacious, clean and had a cosy feel.
The only thing I can recommend is don't use Feynan Ecolodge merely as a stopover but stay a few days; indulge in everything the lodge, the Bedouin community and Dana nature reserve have to offer!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Anne_MarieF762
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Excellent is not enough
Generally, I have an average interest regards Eco or Eco tourism , but I consider to visit feynan due to its creative concept and I found multi positive feedback's
I tried several times to reserve in feynan but I found it fully occupied , therefore , I chose a mid of week to find a reservation for my family ( me ,wife and 12.10 & 4 years old kids)
From the first moment , I felt something different with this place, after a simple misunderstanding , the general director ( Nabil tarazi) called me and prepared all needed arraignment and he ensured that me and my family will get a perfect trip
When we reach feynan Eco lodge , we got the second signal , that's coming from the team in the front office , they gave us a very warm natural welcome combined with a delicious local refreshment
Then they gave us a brief about the site and we got our rooms , the rooms are simple but comfortable with a Eco concept ( nature friendly )
We made a simple hiking alone until we joined the sunset hiking trip (complementary trip)

Our guide ,Suliman, a young guide from the local community, was an amazing guide and again he gave us ( the group) a warm and natural spirit, combined with a cup of tea !!
Even , I m not a vegetarian and I prefer the meet food, but the vegetarian dinner was outstanding , I think I will keep the taste for long time in my mouth

Then , the next episode, in the roof , with Suliman again as A guide for the Zodiac with his telescope , it was a lovely informative evening
As same as dinner , the vegetarian breakfast was great
this place is OUTSTANDING and it is a good example for any Eco lodge .
I have to thank all , especially Hussein and Suliman , and of course Nabil , for their warm spirit , this spirt gave me and my family a wonderful trip ,THANKS

At the end , this is my first visit , but surly, we will make it many times and I advise all to visit feynan Eco lodge ,

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2014

We stayed in Feynan lodge for one night on our visit to Jordan in April /May 2014. We arrived on foot after walking through Wadi Dana from the Dana Lodge. We appreciated the warm welcome and a cool drink after a hot day’s walk. Our room was simple, cool and comfortable with an excellent shower room. We joined the brief sunset walk and drank tea and enjoyed talking with our friendly and well-informed Bedouin guide. Then back to the lodge to an excellent supper. The standard of the vegetarian food was fantastic and we really enjoyed eating outside. Afterwards, there was an opportunity for stargazing from the lodge roof, once more supported by a well-informed member of staff. After a comfortable night, we enjoyed a delicious breakfast outside. (The only breakfast at which I have had to defend my bread from a passing goat!)
Our stay was too short to take advantage of the many activities offered . I hope we return some day to try them . Feynan is a great example of sustainable tourism and was a highlight of our Jordan trip. Thanks to all the staff who did so much to make the visit so memorable.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank NYorksontheroad
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I stayed with friends in May after we had walked down Wadi Dana. Fantastic landscape and a friendly welcome. I really like the intention that the lodge will be sustainable and will positively contribute to the nomadic people who live in the area. I wish them every success.
The rooms are small but beautifully laid out; hopefully further investment will become available to harness more sunshine so that the fans can be used. Loved the mosquito nets
The place works with the environment, which is, at times,extreme, so I thought they were doing a really good job.
The food was good and lots of space downstairs or on the roof to chill out. Sadly it was overcast when I was there, but the stars must be amazing.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 8, 2014

I freely admit that my review of this hotel is coloured by the fact that when I arrived there I was suffering from heat exhaustion and spent the night on the bathroom floor vomiting.

This hotel is in the most stunning location. It is also beautifully designed and built. The staff seem helpful and pleasant.

However, be under no illusion, you are in the middle of a wadi in Jordan with no electricity in your room. There is no air con and the fan is not operable. The windows are small and when open you hear animals (hyenas, camels, dogs?) howling all night. All this is far from ideal when you are suffering heat stroke, or even (as in the case of my husband) not suffering from heat stroke.

We were also booked into a twin room, not a double as requested. But maybe in the circumstances, this was just as well.

The food, I am told was basic, and I noticed flies everywhere.

This is an amazing place to stay, but be under no illusion, it is basic and hot, hot, hot. Do not go there if you are lacking the spirit of adventure.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Boswarthan
Reviewed June 7, 2014

I was on a mini road trip with a traveller I met in Amman who had booked themselves a room here. After seeing Petra, Wadi Rum etc. I decided to have a couple of nights here too and I'm so glad I did.

We arrived as the sun was setting so we couldn't do the sunset walk which wasn't a problem. We were picked up at a local village and it was a 30min drive in pretty much pitch black (the Bedouins must have great vision!) before we arrived. The lodge is lit up with candles everywhere - an amazing sight and it set the mood for our stay. After our vegetarian dinner (I'm a major meat eater, but the meals were delicious) we had a briefing on what activities were on offer. We were then taken to the rooftop and given an astronomy lesson (we did this both nights!)

Activity wise, we did the short hike (4-5 hours) and the sunset hike the next day. The guides are amazing and so knowledgeable. The stories they tell about Bedouin life and their knowledge on plant life and nature are so interesting and inspiring. Half way through our short hike, we stopped for tea. Our guide literally collected his materials to make a fire and within minutes had the kettle on it. It was a truly peaceful moment - sipping tea in the beautiful landscape that surrounds the lodge.

The lodge itself is stunning. Made from mud/clay (not really sure) there are no electrical lights and all the rooms, hallways, dining area are candle lit. The rooms are super clean and spacious and the beds are very comfortable. There is nothing around for miles so its easy to get a good nights sleep, ready for next days hike. WiFi is also available here but why would you want to distract yourself with what's going on in the 'real world'?!

It was a sad moment to leave this place. Although I didn't budget for the stay (it's not cheap if you're a budget traveler), it's one of those places I would've regretted not seeing if I saw it when I returned home. I've not been to a place quite like Feynan Ecoldge before and not sure if I will ever find one that can compare!

Room Tip: The booking system they have is a little strange. Everything needs to be confirmed by email so try a...