“Beautiful eco-friendly experience”
Review of Feynan Ecolodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dana
Feynan Ecolodge
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Dana
London
“Beautiful eco-friendly experience”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We were very warmly welcomed by the people, the house was beautiful, the room was very clean, and the food was very good. My husband and I loved it ! Although the weather was cold (first week of March), we were provided with warm blankets, and we had a very nice and quiet sleep. We had hot water and electricity in the bathroom, with quite a high level of comfort. 4 candles with mirrors in the bedroom were more than enough to read in the bed at night for example. We decided to enjoy the landscape with a mountain-biking tour, which was a bit tough because of a sandy ground, if I had to do it again, I'd rather go for a hiking tour.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Arabic first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We had high expectations of Feynan but were sadly disappointed.
The location, the 'theme' and the rooms were all very appealing but unfortunately the reality of the Lodge didn't live up to what we had hoped.
The rooms, while spacious and cool were lit only by candle light. In February, this meant it went dark at 7pm and we were shuffling our way around in the half light from then onwards. Navigating the suitcases was bad enough but the stairs were a different matter entirely and for my Mum, in her 60's, a real challenge because of the dim light.
Dinner was eater literally in the dark and the food was mediocre and tepid at best. Having sampled delicious vegetarian Jordanian food all week, this was tasteless and uninspiring. To top it all, every now and again, a 'waiter' would lurch out of the dark to check if everything was ok, but dressed in a fleece, could have been an over-familar guest.
Despite the hilarious disaster that was the lodge, we enjoyed our stay purely because of the private guided walk with Mohammed. He took us to a beautiful mountain top where he baked fresh bread in a fire which we ate with sardines and fresh mint tea. He then led us to a bedouin camp where we met locals, saw new born kids and enjoyed fresh goat milk around the fire. This was a wonderful experience and worth the bizarreness of the Lodge.

3 Thank Project25
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed March 1, 2013

My husband and grown daughter spent 2 nights at Feynan Ecolodge last week. In a remote location in the Dana Biosphere, Feynan is spartan but comfortable and beautiful. With no electricity except for the en suite bathrooms, the lodge glows with candlelight once the sun sets. The staff, mostly local, were the friendliest ever and saw to our every comfort. The (vegetarian) food was a feast both for breakfast and dinner, and an ample and yummy boxed lunch was available for our hike during the day. The staff was very concerned during our second night because a large group of young Jordanians from Amman had booked the lodge for a party, complete with a live band. We were notified of this well in advance, with an offer to refund if we chose not to stay. We did stay, however and were invited to join the party and festivities that were great fun (and music!) We just can't say enough about the staff, from the front desk managers to the guides to the chef and kitchen help - Feynan was a hit!

2 Thank lishnc
Amman, Jordan
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I leave in Jordan and always like to go and visit as many places I can here, cause this is a wonderful land and we the ones who leave here have to start learning how to appreciate it!
I have been thinking for a few years to go and visit Feynan, every time I want to plan there is something happened but this time I decide no tell any one and just take my handbag and go there! I think was a wise idea, I just love it! is so simple and the same time so quiet, tranquil, original! no fake people around you as usual in the hotels of big cities or this touristic sites where
receptionist are well trained to be no warm people, only professional people.
In Feynan every thing is very original, people are normal and the behave as they are! this is great!
they are very respectful and giving people, we had to guide persons, and they were wonderful and very generous with us,with the information and with their behavior, thanks Mr. Muhammad and Mr. Ahmad.

I took my daughter and her friend with me, they are 12 years old and they enjoyed it to the max. Muhanmad show my daughter how to do a fire and tough her many things what we should do when you are in the dessert.
the weather was incredible, never better, the lodge is a corner just to rest and be quiet!
don't take people with you who likes to talk to much cause will ruin your tranquil time there!

I recommended to all free spirit, people who are looking to be in peace with them self, to cure any self crisis, just to be far away from computers and stressful working days! is fantastic!

Room Tip: corners quad are perfect for a family
1 Thank Armonia2013
LAX
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

This was my 6th time to Jordan and I've been all over the country and before our trip to Feynan, the village of Dana was our favorite place. We did the wadi Dana hike down to Feynan this past oct, but didn't stay at the lodge and I've always wanted to. So, we rented a 4wd and just drove there for an overnight this past week and just loved it. Scenery is spectacular, the lodge itself is beautiful and we had a deluxe room with balcony so that is what I would recommend booking if your budget can handle it as the place is pretty expensive though we got a fairly good rate in feb. it was very spring like for our visit and I just wish we could've stayed another night. Food is wonderful, as has been mentioned ,and we only did the sunset hike and a short couple of hikes on our own. Two men working there are true gems and need to be commended for their passion for their work and the lodge and that is Suleiman and Ali. Suleiman guided us on the sunset hike and works the telescope on the roof in the evenings and Ali works in reception. We hope to return to this special place one day....highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2013
London
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I have not done any Trip advisor reviews before, but feel compelled to write about my trip to Feynan, as it has been a superb stay. We spent two days there in mid-February, and what a place. Spectacular scenery, great vegetarian food, simple but very friendly staff, hospitable Bedouins, impressive green credentials, great hikes, lovely rooms (candle-lit at night), and to top it all, the best live show: no, it’s not on TV (there are no TVs in the rooms) but the presentation of the stars and planets that the guides give with a state of the art telescope, and the zero light pollution, are just fantastic. To us, Feynan is one unique place. Our experience there was truly magical.

Room Tip: Skip the economy rooms, and pay 20 JD extra for the bigger Deluxe room with its own balcony. Room...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 20, 2013

My partner and I stayed here for 2 nights recently, and unfortunately were quite disappointed by the whole experience, also simply because the price doesn't reflect the reality. I don't mind paying extra when that money is being used for development, as this is supposed to be but I'm not sure how well that money is being spent. The conditions of the Bedouin camps in the surrounding areas didn't look great compared to the others I'd seen around Jordan, and on our hike through Dana (which is beautiful) we came across an old car battery and other bits of detritus. They have a really amazing telescope on the roof, which made for a great experience but I can't help thinking that money (which surely would have been a lot) should have been spent on improving the area. The candles at night are beautiful and do make for a unique experience which I really enjoyed. The staff for me, were the best part particularly Ali. I was disappointed on the whole, our room was not made up on our second day there, and on our arrival the 'peacedul' environment was disturbed by building work.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nicole H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dana
Tower Hotel
#1 of 3 in Dana
Movenpick Resort Petra
Movenpick Resort Petra
#6 of 40 in Petra - Wadi Musa

Been to Feynan Ecolodge? Share your experiences!