Open today: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Ski School & Equipment Hire

I would just like to say what an amazing experience we had for our weeks holiday with Method Snow... read more

Reviewed yesterday
sajep23
First Family Ski Holiday

We travelled to Bansko for our first family ski holiday in February 2019. We have 2 sons age 5 and... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
es0u3104

Recommended experiences in and around Bansko
from $22.81
More Info
from $257.04
More Info
All reviews equipment hire private lesson wouldn t hesitate next year recommended places to eat lessons fun leave skis and boots competent skiers leaps and bounds children and adults great instructor ski lessons via email an early start visited bansko family ski holiday spent a week
Selected filters
Reviewed February 10, 2019

We have enjoyed a wonderful week in the safe hands of Maria (adults) and Alex (girls 6 and 7). There had been obvious thought about which of the team to pair our two groups with, and the choices were perfect. Alex was fabulous at managing both the children’s enthusiasm and parents’s nerves, while Maria pushed the adults so we didn’t get too left behind by the kids!
We also hired our gear from Method and were equally well looked after by Fiona and Sasha on arrival. All was fine and any minor niggles were smoothly addressed during the week. My hire boots were superior to previous hire experiences. The ski school is just over the road from the gondola station and you can chose to leave your gear there over night if you are staying further away from the gondola. There is also an outdoor venue behind the shop for a snack or drink (2 beers for 5 lev in happy hour) so we enjoyed that element of the location too. Don’t go any where else. We are certainly coming back.

6  Thank Heather H
Reviewed February 9, 2019

8 families with 14 children was the challenge we gave to Sasho/Danny (Method School). A bit afraid that such a group would never benefit of real ski lessons, we thought that they will only be able to show us the slopes. Mistake, we were: evaluated, split in groups, worked in adapted exercises, learned about curving-powder-woods in pleasant ways. Children's age varied from 6 to 13 years and the surprise was that Method integrated also adults in the groups so all of us had the chance to learn skiing.

Alex (father of 2 girls of 6 and 8 years)

3  Thank Alex03Matei
Reviewed February 8, 2019 via mobile

My daughter and my husband took different level ski lessons during our 5 days vacation in Bansko and had the best time while improving their skiing a lot. My daughter (8.5 years) absolutely loved Danny and was a little challenged by Alex who taught a more advanced group that did an exciting and very technical practice (I'm an experinced skier and I followed them around a little). My husband was in the beginners group and worked with Ivo, he was very pleased too.
We were a large group of families with kids and Method School was very flexible in finding everyone the right group, changing it ip or down when needed.
We'll work with them next time for sure!

3  Thank dianaaless
Reviewed February 8, 2019 via mobile

My 8 year old son-a good skier for his age - was in an advanced group with Alex and I’m very happy with the progress he’s made during a few days in a small group. He enjoyed it although drills are not exactly what excite kids. A very good instructor!

2  Thank stefanv03
Reviewed February 4, 2019

Before I start my review I would like to point out that I have now been in communication with the director of Method Snow School (Gavin Learmonth) about these matters and I am confident that he took me seriously and will do his best to ensure nothing like this will ever happen again. However in the interests of public service I feel it is only fair to make everybody aware of what happened so parents can be more informed about the decisions they make regarding their children's skiing lessons.

I decided to book six half days of group ski lessons for my 4 year old son as they were the only school in Bansko who offered lessons for this age group. They stated there would be no more than 6 children aged 3-7 in the group and that the lessons would be centred on fun and play. When we got there we realised there were no other children booked in that week so my son would be alone with his teacher, Dani.

I was told not to join the lessons as it disrupted the teachers but that they would call me to collect my son if he cried for more than 20 minutes. He cried most of the first lesson and was over tired so they asked me to pick him up early. On the second and third day I had long talks with my son to try and persuade him to go to the lessons but it was obvious that he really didn't want to and it broke my heart to leave him crying. On the third day I delivered my son to the teacher as usual and disappeared so he couldn't see me. I decided to wait a while then go and watch the lesson from a distance to try and figure out what was going on and how I could help him.

When I got to the lesson area my son and his teacher were nowhere to be seen. In a panic I took out my phone to see if anyone had called me or messaged me. There was no message from Method Snow School but I had a message from my husband's cousin (a non-skier in our group) saying that she had my son with her in the restaurant. When I found them she explained to me what had happened. She had been sitting on the restaurant balcony with my mother-in-law when they heard my son screaming his head off. When they looked from the balcony they saw him wandering around crying his eyes out with no apparent teacher in sight. They were terrified that he was lost so my husband's cousin ran downstairs to get him. By the time she got there she saw his teacher, Dani with him so she decided to wait and watch a while. What she saw disgusted her. The teacher was completely ignoring my son while he cried. She never got down to his eye level or tried to comfort him. She walked away from him, covered her ears and threw his skis on the floor in disgust. When my husband's cousin couldn't stand to watch anymore she intervened and said she wanted to take my son. The teacher then gave my four year old son to her, a woman she had never seen before in her life, without asking my permission or even taking the name of the woman. Neither the teacher, Dani, nor the school itself wrote me any message informing me that my child had been delivered to somebody. I run my own preschool and I know that it is absolutely essential for child protection reasons to know exactly who you are delivering a child to and whether that person has permission to take them or not.

When I went to Method Snow School to complain in the evening I was told by a co-owner, Lubo, that Dani is 'a teacher, not a babysitter'. He was quite aggressive and belligerent and obviously did not want to take my complaint seriously. When I pointed out to him what a serious offence it was to deliver my child to a complete stranger without my knowledge or permission he offered to refund the money for the next three days. He didn't have the cash so asked me to come back the next day. That evening the school wrote to me offering my son a complimentary lesson with a different teacher which ı declined as I felt there had been a serious breach of trust between us. As far as I am concerned Method Snow School had a contract with me, and only me, that for the agreed two hours they would be responsible for my son until they delivered him back to me again. I can accept that my child didn't like skiing, that the teacher was maybe not experienced in dealing with very small children but I cannot accept them handing over my son to a complete stranger without my permission.

I asked them to let me know when I could come to collect the refund and also to let me know the full names of their owners so I could make my complaint to them. They messaged me to come and collect the refund that evening. When I did I also asked them for the names of the school owners and they refused to give them to me. The two gentlemen in the shop, Lubo and Sasha, were very aggressive towards me. Lubo kept asking why I was making such a big deal about it as nothing had happened to my son. From a professional school I find this attitude extremely offensive. I am very lucky that nothing happened to my son but as a school they should not even accept the tiniest risk that a child could be kidnapped or worse. Lubo and Sasha told me they didn't have to give me the names of the owners as I was not the police. I said we could call the police if they preferred to which Lubo replied 'I am the police here'. I refused to leave the shop without getting the names of the owners at which point they tried to physically remove me from the shop. I then insisted they called the police. Once the police arrived they completely changed their tune and started apologising for their mistake, that the teacher was new this year and they would talk to her. It just made me incredibly sad and disappointed that it had to get to such a stage before somebody actually apologised to me. I eventually found the name of the owner online and was able to share my concerns with him. I sincerely hope that from now on Method Snow School will tighten up their procedures for receiving and giving children as they have promised me they will.

I just wanted everyone out there to be aware when they give their child to ski lessons that the school is completely resonsible for their child's welfare during those hours and has absolutely no right whatsoever to deliver their child to anyone other than who they made a contract with unless it is someone for whom that person given specific permission.

Date of experience: January 2019
Gavin L, Owner at Method Snow School, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2019

We have spoken and we have gone over the facts about the lesson.
Your son was in a lesson with one of our instructors. After the lesson our instructor met with your husbands cousin who then took loco parentis of your son. Our instructor then sat on the table next to them. From here I believe you were not happy with your son being left in the care of a family member and were unaware that our instructor was sitting on the next table. A full refund was then giving in the shop, as you were unhappy. The refund was not given as a result of us neglecting your son. This was a good will gesture at the time due to you being unhappy. I am sorry you feel angry about thus situation. As a co owner and a parent myself of 2 children of 5 and 7 children’s care is always a priority for myself and for everyone that works with Method
At no point did our instructor abandon your son on the lesson slope. We did not leave your son with a complete stranger. The person that took your son was your husband’s cousin. You have confirmed this to be true with me. The police were called to our shop and this was done by our shop staff as our staff felt threatened. This was not on the request of yourself or anyone in your party. We have never changed our account of what happened to yourself or the police.